Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

Nero Cover Designer Problem - Converting .NCD files to .jpg

by dixiedreamer / January 23, 2005 8:37 AM PST

I am helping a friend out with layout of a music cd, I created the layout in Nero Cover Designer, however I cannot export the file nor save the file to anything but .ncd. Is there anyone out there that knows of a program that would convert the ncd file to jpg or something so I can send the layout to him for viewing via the net? Preferably shareware or freeware conversion program if possible.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nero Cover Designer Problem - Converting .NCD files to .jpg
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nero Cover Designer Problem - Converting .NCD files to .jpg
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: .ncd to .jpg query...
by zohar818 / August 31, 2006 11:46 PM PDT

Found a nifty, simple FREE solutiuon to this problem
Screenshot Captor
v2.18.04 by DonationCoder

you can find it on no-nags and other only freeware sites.

once installed it will take a snapshot of your active screen and save it in any format you want . jpg, gif, bmp, png...
Then you just have to open your default image viewer to edit the image..crop, cut, filter, resize...whatever.

ANYWAY..I solved my problem in less than 5 minutes with this Screenshot Captor and I highly recommend it to you.

Good luck,
Zohar818

Collapse -
Converting .NCD files to .jpg
by spoat / July 8, 2007 2:26 PM PDT

1.) What you can do for now is copy the ncd. image and paste it into a microsoft word doc., save it and any graphics design company will be able to open it! Just make sure that Microsoft Word is installed into the same computer in which your nero program is installed.

2.) Keep your original nero installation disc with you at all times. Some graphic design shops will be nice enough to quickly install it on there systems, open your file up and print away for you. They may charge an extra fee of $75+ but most times they won't want to deal with it even though its a 3 minute process. Just call around.

Collapse -
Nero Cover Designer problems
by Jamukas / May 12, 2011 2:02 PM PDT

yo dixie dreamer, yes I found the same problem a while ago its really fustrating, they really need to look at
creating this option in the future..
I came up with the answer..

Right.. step 1... What you need to do is go to file press print, on the file you have created in nero, now this I have done previously without a printer (more of this later) so what happens is that when there isn 't a printer available the file gets saved to a pdf file..Now I am not sure but you may need cute pdf a file converter to do this its only about 3meg and its free although try it first without it but and you might need to pause your printer or temporarily disable it first.

Step 2 ... Once you have the Nero file on pdf format, download something like Gimp its free and its a really good image manipulaton program... It is a little hard to use at first maybe use the tutorial to get the hang of it..
Once you have Gimp you can then import your pdf file design in to it>> Once you have the file in gimp you can edit it or whatever you wanna do, then you can export it into jpeg and other formats etc..

Getting back to the printer since installing ta printer I ve been unable to do this however I had uninstalled cute pdf and haven 't tried it with cute pdf when I interrupted my printer the other day when I resumed to do the same thing I am not sure if its because I have uninstalled cute pdf or its because I recently installed a canon printer?

Hope this helps
Jimbo..

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.