PC Hardware forum

General discussion

need video card that has keystone for home made CRT project

by b carras / April 9, 2007 5:31 AM PDT

made a neat little HD CRT projector out of 2004 JVC 65in RPTV . looks awsome but the bottom of picture is right on the floor. when i raise it up 6 inches i get excessive keystone , can put a slant on the screen and it comes back into square but would like to find a video card that has keystone and a DVI . have done several of these conversions over the years and have not found any else doing these, any body else done any of these ? email me for pics sbcarras@comcast.net

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: need video card that has keystone for home made CRT project
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: need video card that has keystone for home made CRT project
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
keystone correction is a function of the monitor...
by ramarc / April 10, 2007 1:45 AM PDT

not the video card. you'd either need custom software to send a distorted image or some circutry in your "monitor" to adjust the image.

Collapse -
any low cost way to keystone DVI or HD component ?
by b carras / April 11, 2007 2:57 AM PDT

there are video scaler correction engines out there that would do the job , like Silicon Graphics Optix Image Any place. but at 3K its not affordable .looking any low cost under $500 ? was thinking maybe someone in CNET was aware of studio processer type card that would do the trick. pretty much understand how monitors and video cards work and I already have processor with Keystone adjustment for VGA output now but this CRT projector has DVI or HD component inputs any DVI stuff out there? i Know its long shot

Collapse -
Tilt one or the other
by linkit / April 10, 2007 2:39 AM PDT

If I understand you correctly, you modified your RPTV, and you don't want to tilt your target screen to correct the keystone effect. The alternative is to tilt the projector. If you can raise the projector 6 inches, why not also tilt the projector enough to correct the keystone effect? If a tilted RPTV looks too silly, see if you can further modify the RPTV by tilting the projection assembly within the RPTV enclosure.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
Laptops 20,090 discussions
Security 30,722 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
Phones 16,252 discussions
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions


What do the color stripes mean on your tires?

Brian Cooley tells you why you might see various color lines on the wheels of your automobile.