Cameras

General discussion

Need to print date/time on photos - please suggest a camera

by JeffG / September 22, 2004 1:23 AM PDT

I am looking for a digital camera that I can purchase that saves the date/time stamp as part of the photo. Our Sony Mavica used to be this way, but our Canon SureShot A60 only prints the stamp, I believe, when using a Canon photo printer. I need a camera that makes the date/time a part of the photo so that if the file is modified, copied, etc. the actual date & time of the photo is still intact.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a manufacturer, series or model that performs in this manner?

Thank you,
Jeff Gethmann

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need to print date/time on photos - please suggest a camera
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need to print date/time on photos - please suggest a camera
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Need to print date/time on photos - please suggest a cam
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2004 1:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Need to print date/time on photos - please suggest a cam
by JeffG / September 22, 2004 3:16 AM PDT

Bob, thanks for your reply. My Canon has the menu option to add date/time, but this doesn't actually show up in the picture like my old Sony Mavica, which is what I am looking for. I want to be sure that once the file is downloaded and the file gets renamed or something that the date and time stay correct. Any additional thoughts?

Collapse -
Sorry, I may have missed it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2004 5:00 AM PDT

The date and time do show when I view the JPG file. The date/time of the file follows the rules of the host OS. XP has a neat feature in Explorer that you can add a column that shows the EXIF date/time.

If you want to set the data/time of the .JPG to the EXIF date/time, that was noted as a feature in one of the softwares I linked to, or some others.

I would not have to change cameras to get these effects.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: Sorry, I may have missed it.
by JeffG / September 22, 2004 5:41 AM PDT

Thanks for the info. This is helpful.

Collapse -
by ram_t / December 11, 2004 8:37 AM PST

I am also, in the market for a camera that can print date on the picture and found Sony DSC-T1 can do this. Not sure if any other Sony models can..

Ram

Collapse -
by JeffG / December 12, 2004 11:07 PM PST

Thanks for the input. I did find out that Sony & Kodak will print the date. Kodak does not print the time even though it makes you set it, and I'm not sure about Sony.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.