Android

Question

Need Recommendations for new Phone @ end of June time-frame

by famu97 / May 9, 2011 2:51 AM PDT

I've seen a couple of posts for new phone recommendations but I have specific requirements that I'd like everyone to consider. Please take into account any phones rumored to be coming out around the end of June time frame. I'm leaving T-Mobile's sorry network, so I will not buy a phone on T-Mobile's network under any circumstances. I currently own and use the Piece of crap Moto Cliq (v1).

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need Recommendations for new Phone @ end of June time-frame
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need Recommendations for new Phone @ end of June time-frame
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
June/July recommendations for Verizon?
by madamtobi / May 10, 2011 7:59 AM PDT

Same as famu97's question.
Was going to buy the Incredible but they retired it in favor of the Incredible 2 that reviewers stay doesn't warrant the big jump in cost.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
G2X
by TarzanJr / May 10, 2011 5:51 AM PDT

I would strongly Recommend the T-Mobile LG (LG is the manufacturer) G2X. The G2X is Duel- Core, has good battery life, 4G (HSPA+), GSM, pretty thin (not the thinest but not bulky, All touch screen, STOCK GOOGLE EXPERIENCE GINGERBREAD!, Front facing camera, and answer to your prayers for a phone.

Collapse -
Gingerbread
by TarzanJr / May 10, 2011 5:59 AM PDT
In reply to: G2X

Sorry i was wrong in my statement before about Gingerbread, it is running the stock version of Froyo (2.2) with a promise from LG for a gingerbread update later... But everything else is correct. Plus the phone won CNET's Editor's Choice for April 2011 and best of CTIA (I think)

Collapse -
Answer
LG G2X by t-mobile
by tuongn2005 / May 10, 2011 6:34 AM PDT

- It's slim, 4+ inch display, 4G capable, and dual core processor. You can buy it without t-mobile contract but it's pricey.
- HTC and Samsung (Galaxy II S) with dual core will be out in Summer time.
- Virtual keyboard with swype and speech-to-text app on Android make QWERTY keyboard useless.

Collapse -
Just can't stay on T-Mobile network in my area
by famu97 / May 10, 2011 10:57 AM PDT
In reply to: LG G2X by t-mobile

the LG G2X does seem like it would meet all of my requirements for a new phone but TMO's network sucks in my area. AT&T has a better footprint for sure and better coverage. I should have never switched 2 yrs ago. If tmo had better coverage i would just get the G2X.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.