Windows 7

Question

Need help on how to fix BSOD, STOP code 0x0000001E

by hophuongkl / January 31, 2013 11:21 AM PST

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum and I don't really know much about computer so please excuse me if my question is a silly one.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Edition 64bit. Recently I'm learning to make videos and my routine is editing the raw file in Windows Movie Maker then adding some effects to it in Adobe After Effects. I've been doing fine for months until suddenly the blue screen appeared. At first the problem only occurred occasionally when I tried to import to or export from WMM. But then it happened more and more often even when I was doing nothing until it reached the point where my computer couldn't even make it to windows anymore. I took my friend's advice and reinstall windows but that didn't fix the problem.

I managed to take a photo of the blue screen but have no idea what the numbers imply. The photo can be found here
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/hophuongkl/photo.jpg

Can someone please help me fix the problem!! Thank you in advance Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need help on how to fix BSOD, STOP code 0x0000001E
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need help on how to fix BSOD, STOP code 0x0000001E
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
At Microsoft.com, see this link for 0x0000001E
by wpgwpg / January 31, 2013 11:47 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
FIX BSOD
by christina-atd / July 29, 2013 3:17 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.