Phones forum

General discussion

Need help....EnV or Chocolate?

by sportsqueen32 / July 24, 2007 1:01 PM PDT

I'm in the process of getting a new phone. I currently have a treo650. I love the treo except for it's bulkiness and after a yr and a 1/2 and 2 batteries it dpesn't always accept calls or texts unless I shut the phone down and remove the battery. That ca be a pain.

I like the qwerty board on the enV but I have to admit for vanity reasons I love the Mint Chocolate. I've read reviews on both but with the chocolate I felt it was just that some ppl just didn't know how to navigate thru it. Although I also read that the battery life sux on it. Does anyone know if there is an extended battery available for the chocolate..

I guess I'm just looking for some help in making my decision...any opinions will hopefully help in my decision. Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need help....EnV or Chocolate?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need help....EnV or Chocolate?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
enV vs Chocolate
by ciltzsch / July 24, 2007 2:02 PM PDT

ive had alot of phones in my day (11 in 2 years to be exact) and i just bought the enV back in may and its by far the best phone ive ever had. ive played around with the older chocolate and the whole touch button navigation was really hard to use. you literally have to barely tap to directional button to get to the menu you want, if you keep your finger on it for to long it will go in a complete circle. my suggestion is that if you do alot of texting, take alot of photos with your phone and videos then go with the enV. if you do decide on the chocolate, go with the newer one that just came out. Theres no more touch sensitive navigation and the other touch buttons respond with a little vibrate when you press them

Collapse -
Almost the lesser of two evils...
by PathmarkPolice / July 24, 2007 5:33 PM PDT
In reply to: enV vs Chocolate

Unfortunately, Verizon's phone selection is really limited. The VX8500 (older chocolate) stinks big's a terrible phone. I used it for a while during Verizon's "trial run" promotion, and my cousin has it and hates it, and pretty much anyone who I've heard has the phone doesn't like it at all. I also had the GSM version of the chocolate, the LG KG800 and, despite it's beauty, was a really annoying phone to use for a frequent texter (had to wait to input the next letter instead of tapping forward, it would just skip a space!)

However, the new env is a really beautiful handset, I almost swtiched to Verizon because of it. LG has a GSM version that I was able to try out for a while, it's essentially the same phone, but without Verizon's horrid software. It's an amazing phone. I would definitely suggest getting it over the chocolate.

I also just talked to my friend who works for Verizon, and he, himself, has the ENV, says it's the best phone they have available. He said the new chocolate is decent, but gets annoying after a while, plus, it's battery life is atrocious. Hope all of that hearsay helped you out a bit.

Collapse -
by mikeyajeto / June 10, 2008 5:37 AM PDT
In reply to: enV vs Chocolate

You can change the touch setting on the chocolate, and how fast the wheel spins.
I have had the Chocolate and En-v.
I like the chocolate more, by far.

The En-v's upsides:
Qwerty keyboard

Too bulky
Can't listen to music while texting.

Chocolate's upsides:
Listen to music while texting.
Easy to text
Good camera
Phone has a lock so it doesn't press buttons while in your pocket

Very bad battery life.
Screen scratches easily

Collapse -
by lavern / July 25, 2007 7:15 AM PDT

I have the Env and I LOVE it. A word of advice though. You said your current phone is too bulky. You better take a close look at the Env because it isn't small by any means....I am a "big" on tiny phones and I love it despite its size.

Collapse -
omg.... i adore the enV so much!!!!
by VetMaster7 / July 25, 2007 9:36 AM PDT

I absolutely love the enV, it is by far the best phone i have ever seen and i am a big time phone geek. I've had my enV for about a year now i was waiting for it to come out and i bought it for myself for Christmas. It has the best qualities as a cell phone over any other. It has a great keyboard that i use all the time for texting. I'm amazing at texting bc of that phone, i won a huge prize for being the best texter at my school of over 5000 kids that all had cell phones, and i used that phone and thats how i won and thats why i love the enV if u have any other questions please ask!!! YAY

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.