1. MSFT tosses buyers under the bus. Read
They don't care so why should we go near them for this product?
2. Back to the dark ages. Read
MSFT is playing hard ball or bully so again, why would I choose to be subject to their draconian, you can only run what apps we say you can system?
3. Hey, it's your money. If you feel the above are not a problem for you, why not?
I need help deciding between two cell phones, the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Galaxy Note II.
I understand that ultimately the decision is mine as to which phone will work better for me. I need help deciphering the specs.
My carrier is AT&T (very happy with them), I've spoken to the sales people in the stores and besides the plans they offer they don't seem to know much about the phones besides what is on the little information cards on the side of the phone which is of no help to me.
My current phone is a Samsung Focus Windows Phone. I love it, but it is getting old and it's starting to freeze up. I've also looked at the Galaxy SIII and the Note II.
The issues I have with both phones are:
* I do like Windows over Android
* Not a lot of apps for Windows (most are publicized for iPhone or Android only).
* I like the "tap the phones together" feature to share playlists, pictures etc... of the Note II (Nokia doesn't do this)
* I like the rapid picture taking of the Note II (I have two children in activities and I can see this being useful
* I love having Word and Excel on my phone for note taking.
* I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and didn't really like it. The S Note app couldn't keep up with the speed of my handwriting.
So, I'm right on the fence with between both phones being very useful. I do not upgrade my phones often so I need one with a lot of "staying" power. The size of the phone doesn't matter, I want it to hold up.
I've done numerous searches for compares between the two phones (I've included a link below, I hope that's allowed) and a lot of specs do not make complete sense to me which is why I came here looking for help.
Any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or need anymore information I'll be happy to give it.