Have you seen this? maybe some hardware driver is missing. But why do it this way when a standalone dvd recorder will work so much better. I use to use a capturing device also...but that was 5 or 6 years ago, when standalone recorder was very expensive.
I have spent hours troubleshooting, googling, reading knowledge bases, and no luck. I am trying to capture from a VHS tape, thru Dazzle DVC101 and Pinnacle 12 onto a Windows 7 (64-bit) computer. Pinnacle imports the video, but does not bring up audio. Steps tried:
1. Plugged red/yellow/white cable VCR's Line Out jack --> Dazzle, as instructed, colors matching. Video was captured, audio was not.
2. Verified audio was not muted.
3. Unplugged red & white cables from VCR->Dazzle, replaced with 2nd set of red & whites to determine if original red/white/yellow cable damaged. Same unsuccessful result.
4. Unplugged red & whites from VCR, plugging into splitter, then inserted in PC's FRONT Microphone jack. Same unsuccessful result.
5. Repeated #4 into PC's REAR Microphone jack. Same unsuccessful result.
6. Repeated #4, into PC's LINE IN jack. Same unsuccessful result.
7. Tried Pinnacle Instant DVD Recorder. "Error burning". No error code to google. Same unsuccessful result.
8. Installed Instant DVD Recorder patch 126.96.36.199. Same unsuccessful result.
9. Reinstalled Pinnacle 12. Same unsuccessful result.
**introduced 2nd VCR and 3rd set of cables**
10. VCR#2 has one Audio OUT jack (mono, not stereo). Tried connecting VCR#2 Audio Out -> Dazzle red. Unsuccessful.
11. Tried connecting VCR#2 Audio Out -> Dazzle white. Unsuccessful.
12. Repeated #10 and #11 with a 3rd set of cables. Unsuccessful.
I'm a little frustrated and could use some help. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!