Mac Hardware forum

Question

Need help .

by Lhou1968 / June 22, 2013 11:03 PM PDT

hi guys.. just want to ask if what apps you use for viewing pictures? and for downloading videos and converting videos.? and where or what site you use to download this apps?. thanks. hoping for your reply.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need help .
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need help .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Some answers,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 23, 2013 12:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Need help .

for viewing pictures you can use Preview which is the Default picture viewer on a Mac.

For downloading video's, I use Safari or iTunes and if they need converting, I use HandBrake.

Good place to download apps would be the App Store, accessible via the App Store icon in the dock.

P

Collapse -
need help
by Lhou1968 / June 23, 2013 1:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Some answers,

i do use the preview. is there any other app for viewing pictures? because in preview app i can only view pics 1 by 1. unlike in windows like the picture viewer.

aside from safari? are there any websites where i can download for free? i dont have credit in my itunes acct. are there any free apps?

Collapse -
google for "Free" Movies,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 23, 2013 9:59 AM PDT
In reply to: need help

but I suspect that "Free" means "illegal"

Have you checked out iPhoto? You get to see all your pictures in all sorts of ways

P

Collapse -
need help.
by Lhou1968 / June 23, 2013 12:39 PM PDT

yeah i know free is illegal. i dont know any store here in philippines selling itunes card.

yep i do have iphoto...

Collapse -
A credit card will suffice for the iTunes store,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 23, 2013 9:47 PM PDT
In reply to: need help.

but there must be somewhere in the Philippines that sells iTunes cards.

P

Collapse -
need help!
by Lhou1968 / June 25, 2013 2:00 PM PDT

are there any apps that can be used to read files from windows os ?

Collapse -
Depends on what those file are.
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 25, 2013 9:46 PM PDT
In reply to: need help!

What file extensions do they have?

.doc open with Word. Or Pages Or Open Office to name just a few
.xls open with Excel Or Numbers Or Open Office
.pps .ppt open with PowerPoint Or Keynote Or Open Office

Just what are these files that you are trying to open?

P

Collapse -
Flip4Mac
by onemoremile / June 28, 2013 11:06 PM PDT
In reply to: need help!

Photo files created in Windows should be easy to read with Preview or with iPhoto. To view certain video files that were created by and for Windows, I have been using the free version of Flip4Mac: http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac/ . It has worked very well over the years.

Collapse -
Answer
HELP
by stacyill / July 3, 2013 4:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Need help .

1,Preview
2,iTunes
3,Next Video Converter
4,Mac app store

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.