Laptops

Question

Need eRecovery Management program for Acer Aspire 5610Z

by maryde / April 25, 2011 8:56 PM PDT

I have an Acer Aspire 5610Z laptop and I want to restore it to factory settings using the Acer eRecovery Management program. Apparently this program came with the computer, but I must have uninstalled it at some point and though I've been working on this for hours, I cannot seem to find on the internet where I can download this program. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it? Thanks much!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need eRecovery Management program for Acer Aspire 5610Z
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need eRecovery Management program for Acer Aspire 5610Z
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
If you uninstalled that
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 25, 2011 9:03 PM PDT
Collapse -
have disks
by maryde / April 26, 2011 7:47 AM PDT

Yeah, I burned 2 back up DVDs through the eRecovery when I first got the computer. Hopefully those are what I need. Acer doesn't have disks anymore, cause my computer is too old. I'll take a look at the link. Thanks, Mark!

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you try the method noted at link?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 26, 2011 4:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks, Bob!
by maryde / April 26, 2011 7:48 AM PDT

I'll take a look at that link!

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Not available?
by Willy / April 29, 2011 1:09 AM PDT

If your laptop came with Vista or latter OSes, the later SP's supplied by MS have disabled or removed the eRecovery(backup/restore) pgm(s).. Acer and other makers don't offer that option back again unless you had real eRecovery discs already supplied or made them when you got the laptop. Also, others posted to you, if you still have the "hidden partition" usually you try using that to return to factory install again with eRecovery tools. The later SP patch allows you to use the MS version of backup/restore, but these aren't as capable as eRecovery when 1st offered.

Collapse -
My experience with the windows updates & erecovery.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 29, 2011 4:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Not available?

Is all good. 4+ years later on a few machines in the family and it still works. HOWEVER there was this PEST MALWARE that did kill it. Fortunately we had a HDD image to restore from as well as recovery media.
Bob

Collapse -
It pays the bills
by Willy / April 29, 2011 8:53 AM PDT

I strongly advise if I didn't do it, that the client make those "1st backups" when prompted. I don't want to count the times I had to scramble to make a bootable laptop again. What's the cost of 1-2 DVDs? or so. adios -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
ALL FIXED
by maryde / April 30, 2011 1:14 PM PDT
In reply to: It pays the bills

All is good. I followed the instructions that Acer gave me and didn't even need to use my disks I burned when I first got the computer. The hidden partition was there and had the eRecovery software on it. I just restarted the computer and hit Alt + F10 or something like that as soon as I saw the Acer splash screen and then followed the directions from there. Turned out to be very simple. Thanks for all your comments everyone!

Collapse -
That's great. Glad you got it sorted.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 30, 2011 9:06 PM PDT
In reply to: ALL FIXED

Mark

Collapse -
need that information please
by rachlab / July 2, 2011 6:30 AM PDT
In reply to: ALL FIXED

Can you please share that information with me?? I am having the same problem. You said the hidden partition was there but where was it? I cant find it on my computer so i cant find the eRecovery software. I also tried the Alt-F10 thing and it doesnt seem to work at all. Please help!! I even bought an external cd/dvd drive to reinstall the disks and that doesnt seem to work either! DESPERATE!!

Collapse -
Since this is busted you need the recovery media.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 2, 2011 7:57 AM PDT

If you forgot to make them, order them since they are cheap compared to the alternatives.

Collapse -
FAQ on topic
by Willy / July 5, 2011 5:08 AM PDT

I suggest you visit the "support website" and locate your model#. It would be the same generic instructions in most across various models. Robert provided the link below earlier in this thread.

Collapse -
Answer
acer 5610z
by briphillipsonebay / January 29, 2013 2:33 PM PST

I have a backup copy I made with Norton ghost I can send u.send me you email and ill get with u for a address to send it too.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.