Windows Legacy OS

General discussion

Need driver dwnload for a "1394 Net Adapter, v. 5.1.2535.0

by kimmyhead_oicu812 / December 17, 2010 11:10 AM PST

Hello,

I'm looking for some help in locating a free updated driver dwnload for my Toshiba laptop. The driver needed is for a "1394 Net Adapter" for v. 5.1.2535.0. My OS is XP Professional and this Net Adapter is what was originally installed on the laptop. Any offer of help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need driver dwnload for a "1394 Net Adapter, v. 5.1.2535.0
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need driver dwnload for a "1394 Net Adapter, v. 5.1.2535.0
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Ouch.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 17, 2010 12:07 PM PST

I didn't have to "ever" find or install this one. It would show up as I installed XP and the usual machine's drivers.

Tell more.
Bob

Collapse -
Driver for 1394 Net Adapter...
by kimmyhead_oicu812 / December 20, 2010 1:13 PM PST
In reply to: Ouch.

Thanks for your reply...the problem is that I can't locate my original XP disk. Any ideas how I might be able to do so, without it?

Collapse -
That's a problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 20, 2010 1:16 PM PST

Sadly you'll have to turn up a XP CD to resolve this one. If no XP CD, how about moving up to 7?
Bob

Collapse -
1394 Net Adapter.....
by kimmyhead_oicu812 / December 21, 2010 3:25 AM PST
In reply to: That's a problem.

Thanks again for your help and quick response, Bob. I do love this site and have suggested it to many people in the past for any of their PC troubles, etc. I look forward to your replies, as I've always found them to be very informative and right on the money! Thanks again and have a great Christmas!

Sincerely,

Kim Ronke

Collapse -
Good hunting and Merry Christmas.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 21, 2010 3:30 AM PST
In reply to: 1394 Net Adapter.....

Beyond the firewire drivers that are fetched from the XP CD, the next hurdle is that many other apps may fire the "insert your XP CD" message. Some try to find the missing XP bits on the internet but it's rare to see that work out.

Having seen this problem many times I think it's best to find that XP CD or move to another OS.
Bob

Collapse -
1394 adapter
by kimmyhead_oicu812 / December 21, 2010 1:30 PM PST

One last question and I'll leave it at that..I promise! Although I'm not able to locate my XP cd, I do know my XP Product Key #. Is it possible to do something with that information, somehow?

Collapse -
Usually folk ask if
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2010 12:04 AM PST
In reply to: 1394 adapter

"Will my product key work with any XP CD?"

The answer is no. Not only must the CD be a XP Pro CD but a whole list of other things like SP1, SP2, SP3, Dell or other maker and the list goes on and on.

In the future you can avoid vague replies like this by supplying system infor such as make, model, and so on.
Bob

Collapse -
1394 Net Adapter
by kimmyhead_oicu812 / December 22, 2010 1:16 AM PST
In reply to: Usually folk ask if

Thanks again.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.