The Sony NEX 3 or 5. They aren't that great for manually controlling, but they fit the rest of your requirements. It's very light, stabilized lens, good low light(with a large aperture lens), can do panoramic, even HDR, and can do all the other things with the right lenses. With your budget, you might have to wait for some of the lens.
There are many megazoom point and shoots that also fit the bill, except for the low light situations. That's where you will see those cameras drop off significantly in what you want.
I want to purchase a new digital camera. I plan to use it primarily while on vacation. Indoor and outdoor shots plus taking photos of people. I don't know if a point and shoot is best or one that I can manually adjust is better. Here are some of the things that are important to me:
* cost can go as high as $1K
* ability to shoot in low light (inside muesuems, outdoors at
* image stabilization
* excellent image quality in both close up and zoomed images
* weight - not too heavy, under 3/4 lb is best
* ability to take panaramic (spelling) shots
* will not blow up images beyond normal photo size of 5X7
If there is more information you need from me, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for all your assistance.