PC Applications forum

Question

Need Advise on Web Program

by gevans9726 / January 20, 2013 11:46 AM PST

I set my website up a couple of years ago when I had the Adobe CS2 on my old Mac. At that time, it included a program called GoLive, which was obsolete even when I used it to set up my site, but I managed to get it done and it works well, although now needs updating.

My Mac crashed, and I have subsequently transferred all my graphics programs to a PC (CS6) but didn't buy the Web version that included Dreamweaver because I was told it was complicated, and I didn't feel I needed anything complex. Now I need to update my website, and don't have a program to do it. Should I bite the bullet and buy Dreamweaver, or is there a free/cheaper/easier to use alternative out there?

Thanks for any advise you can offer.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need Advise on Web Program
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need Advise on Web Program
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
A free tools for web development
by bwhcom / June 9, 2013 5:11 PM PDT

If you are familiar with html tags, I will suggest you to use notepad ++ it's free

Collapse -
Notepad stands for professional
by SliceMakerDeveloper / September 2, 2013 1:51 AM PDT

Yes, notepad is free but it may need very professional skills to handle it. Frankly speaking, nowadays, programmers are not as good as before, most of the old programmers can handle the html codes with Notepad expertly but now I doubt that.

In my personal opinions, Dreamweaver is still the best HTML/website editor although there are some webpage making software which seem to be easier to handle. My suggestion is that since you want to keep your website move on, why not bite the bullet?

Collapse -
Notepad or Notepad+++
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2013 1:57 AM PDT

One thing is not the other.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Advice on web program
by Harshada321 / June 16, 2013 9:55 PM PDT
Plain Hi

The web program is that Every Web sites on a computer known as a Web server. This server is always connected to the internet.When you register a Web address, also known as a domain name, such as
tutorialspoint.com you have to specify the IP address of the Web server
that will host the site. You can load up with Dedicated Servers that can
support your web-based operations.

There are other server are available in the market like :-
Apache HTTP Server,
Internet Information Services,
Sun Java System Web Server.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.