Phones forum

Need a PDA (or iPod touch) that can sync with ms access

by Jerdid / June 25, 2011 9:42 AM PDT

I searching for a PDA or iPod touch if it works better that can sync with ms access on a win 7 64 bit computer. Can someone recommend the best way to go for this and what I would need to accomplish this? I have a ms access database with customer contact info....only want to be able to add contact info into the PDA then when I return home msyn cover to the main database in ms access. Help!!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Need a PDA (or iPod touch) that can sync with ms access
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Need a PDA (or iPod touch) that can sync with ms access
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
In short. "POCKET ACCESS" did that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 27, 2011 4:33 AM PDT

But with the passing of Windows Mobile those units may be very hard to find.

If you look at APPS there may be something but as an author for PalmOS, WM and now Android the sync requirement may be the killer here. I'm guessing you want it to be automatic with out any procedure to be done on your part.

Collapse -
Syncing with MS Access
by Jerdid / July 24, 2011 4:23 AM PDT

Thanks Bob....yes...wanting it to be as automatic as possible. HanDBase claims to do what I need but I was looking for someone who is actually doing it right now to verify. I'm open to any suggestions anyone would have.

Collapse -
About Handbase.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 25, 2011 2:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Syncing with MS Access

I'm unsure why you don't use that. Was it a matter of disbelief?

Here we never could use that as we have thousands of users and the cost, well it would just add costs where our app is free for the entire company to use as they want, as many times and copies as they want.

There's a reason folk opt for off the shelf or custom. We went custom.
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.