Computer Help forum

General discussion

My videos keeps stopping in the middle.

by Blakes2000 / October 15, 2007 4:09 PM PDT

Hello everyone! As you could read in my topic, my videos keeps stopping in the middle. I noticed it only does it on streaming videos like the ones on youtube. The videos stops in the middle, yet the bar tells me it has been fully streamed. Even so, I tried pressing pause then comming back after 30 min. it does not work. I tried using both Firefox and Internet Explorer, none works.

It continued to do it even after I reformated my drive and reinstalled Windows XP. I also notice I also get errors when I download file, saying they are corupted, could it be linked with my video problem?

I hope someone can help, because I have no clue what to do next...

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My videos keeps stopping in the middle.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My videos keeps stopping in the middle.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Some thoughts.
by BrianZachary / October 15, 2007 6:12 PM PDT

First, videos on websites like YouTube are not streamed, they are embedded on the page. Streaming is when you are watching a video or listening to music as it's being played on the server. Internet radio is a good example.

Next, does every video at YouTube freeze while they are playing or just certain ones? Does this happen at other sites? How long has this been going on? There is so much we don't know.

You may have some setting in your browser that needs adjusting, could be a security setting, not sure. It could have something to do with your video card as well, especially if this was happening before you formatted and reinstalled Windows and it's still happening now.

The errors with downloading, again, could be a security setting. Does this happen with every file you download? What types of files are you downloading and where are you downloading them from? More info we don't know.

Also, it would help to know your system info as well. Read the red text at the top of the page you post on. Every little bit can help.

Collapse -
More specifications
by Blakes2000 / October 16, 2007 2:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Some thoughts.

I seem to have this problem with a lot of websites, but never when the websites uses windows movie player. It has been going on for a month.

As for the files, it does not happen with all of them, but with a lot of them. I download them from serious websites so I have no doubt I am the problem.

Here are some info about my computer: It uses win XP Home ver. 2002 with all the critical updates.

It has an AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+, it has 2 gigs of ram and my video card is a Ge Force 7900 GT.

I hope it will help you to find the problem, if it's not enough just tell me the info you need. I will now procede to update my video card's driver in case it helps...

Collapse -
Re: My videos keeps stopping in the middle.
by macs_domain / June 29, 2010 4:58 PM PDT

I to have the same problem but it's not with streaming videos but one specific saved video I have, some work perfectly normal but this one specific video stops in the middle while being played, but when I play it on my computer it works fine.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.