Speakeasy forum

Praise

My take on "Round Boy"(Christie),the affectionate

by Tony Holmes / November 3, 2012 6:07 AM PDT

nickname we have for our Gov,he's not screwing around.

He got BO off the campaign trail to come here for his photo op to get good will in a state that will probably vote for him anyway!

As of 12 noon today,Round Boy ordered gas rationing based on your plate# vs day of the week.

Our town here in North Jersey has 3 gas stations with power that are open.As you might imagine,that puts an enormous burden on the local cops to keep order at those open stations to enforce the odd/even rule.

Fortunately,"Round Boy" foresaw this dificulty and you probably won't hear this on your local news but "Round Boy" also deployed the National Guard to help the local PD!!

My lady and I went to the local Stop and Shop to re-supply the fridge and left $200 poorer! On the way home I rode past all 3 stations.

Each station had one cop watching over the chaos of traffic lines to take care of any arrests,while there were at least 6 troops at each station directing traffic,etc!!

The NG troops were doing an admirable job,kicking cheaters and line jumpers out of line while the cop leaned back,supervising the whole mess.All the troops I saw had side arms and they meant business.

I must have personally 'fist bumped' at least 6 troops in the traffic saying:"Thanks for being here and thanks for serving"!!!! I recieved a "Thank you very much sir,you have a very nice day" from every damn one of them!!!!

As for me,I'm doing fine,thank you.We were without power for 2.5 days but we're back up and running now.I have two chainsaws I loaned to my neighbors along with the the Craftsman 2 cycle fuel to run them to cut up the crap on their property.We take care of our own here and don't wait for help!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My take on "Round Boy"(Christie),the affectionate
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My take on "Round Boy"(Christie),the affectionate
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm glad to hear Christie
by James Denison / November 3, 2012 6:37 AM PDT

has more sense than some on when to get troops into a troubled area.

Now you know why I installed a old fashioned cast iron wood stove in my home. Got tired of no heat and no cooking in winter storms when power went out. I paid under $300 for it from northern tool some years back and it's more than paid for itself in that time, actually was worth that in the first couple years. Mine is a Vozelgang, they have a duplicate of it by another name now. Wood, old lumber, paper logs we make from old newspapers, charcoal from store if nothing else on hand. Mine will take a 2 foot log, so might be a bit longer than the current one. Ah, I see they still sell it. On a cold load you can do it from the top. An old fry pan with ring on it can replace one of the covers for cooking on it. Pots can be placed to keep things warm, the upper vent can let air come across under the lid for keeping smoke out and controlling how hot the top is. Best control is by using the flue vent.

Collapse -
RE: As of 12 noon today,Round Boy ordered gas rationing
by JP Bill / November 3, 2012 6:48 AM PDT

As of 12 noon today,Round Boy ordered gas rationing based on your plate# vs day of the week.

Pity the fool with personalized plates with no numbers.

Collapse -
Adendum,as per Round Boy..vanity plates are to be considered
by Tony Holmes / November 3, 2012 7:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
Oh, Oh...Gov. Chris Christie signed an executive order
by JP Bill / November 3, 2012 7:27 AM PDT

Executive Order? Devil

Collapse -
(NT) Good going and good luck.
by lylesg / November 3, 2012 8:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
Glad you're all right, Tony
by Josh K / November 3, 2012 8:41 AM PDT

And yes, Christie is doing a fantastic job with this situation. I don't think it's his intention but this will go a LONG way for him come 2016.

Collapse -
Where did the Round Boy
by northgate64 / November 4, 2012 11:39 AM PST

moniker come from? .......but Tony I am so glad you are OK

Collapse -
Pull up a photo of the governor
by Josh K / November 4, 2012 11:25 PM PST

It will explain itself.

Collapse -
(NT) I'm glad to hear you are doing OK, Tony!
by grimgraphix / November 3, 2012 11:09 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.