Desktops forum

General discussion

My review of Ironside Computers

by RyanH324 / September 26, 2011 2:09 PM PDT

I figured I would hold off posting to see how well my computer worked after a few months of high stress use.I find myself only giving customer reviews to items I have bad experiences with to warn people. This however is a wonderful exception.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My review of Ironside Computers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My review of Ironside Computers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nice
by Dr.Coolpoo1 / September 27, 2011 12:01 AM PDT

Yeah iv'e been thinking of just ordering from them instead of building my rig. It seems like a great deal so i won't eff anything up. Also its nice to see someone else appreciate the phantom case, only i wish they offered it in the white and red, other that that how do you like it?

Collapse -
I love it!
by RyanH324 / September 27, 2011 6:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Nice

I personally love the phantom case. I'm really happy I chose it. It's dead silent and I love the way it looks. It was a tough decision deciding between the black or white one though, they both look very nice. Definitely go with that one if you decide to get a new computer.

Collapse -
they do
by Computer_master1234 / March 26, 2012 1:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Nice

if you don't know but they do now so ya

Collapse -
Cleaning
by Willy / September 27, 2011 1:17 AM PDT

To remove glue, wait until winter or gets very cold. With the cover outside, allow it to cool overnight. return next day inside and then using a dry sponge, wipe area. You can try a damp but cold only sponge. Hopefully, this may help remove residue, repeat as required. However, if this is a solid color(actual plastic) try the cleaning above.

Collapse -
Hmm.
by RyanH324 / September 27, 2011 6:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Cleaning

That's interesting, I didn't know you can get glue off by freezing it. Though it's probably going to be awhile until it gets cold enough to try it. I will keep this in mind.

Collapse -
Thanks
by Faron13 / January 13, 2012 12:19 PM PST

Your review was part of the reason I ended up going with Ironside computers. I am very happy with the decision. Its been six weeks and I have no issues.

Collapse -
To get the residue off
by Neturu / January 25, 2012 6:06 AM PST

Use simple baby oil, its the purest... small amount and wipe, then use alcohol to get off the oil.. volla!

Collapse -
ironside computers
by BrettPeterson / February 11, 2012 7:48 AM PST

I wanted to a new desktop for my office that would also be suitable for gaming. When Dell Alienware announced their new line of computers I priced them and decided they really didn't have much gaming horsepower. I read a few reviews about Ironside and gave it a try. It was a great experience. I think it is one guy running the company, but he knows what he is doing and has great prices and uses the best components and has great communication. It was by far the best computer buying experience I've ever had. It was like building my own computer without all of the headaches. Thank you Ironside.

Collapse -
Ironside Computers Ripoff and Scam
by VPRJER / February 16, 2013 2:14 PM PST

You guys need to stay as far away as possible from Ironside computers. See RIPOFF REPORT web site.
We bought a computer from them and it showed up missing the cooling fan, radiator falling off and missing screws, DVD Drive cable never hooked up. Was not able too boot up. Never tested. We sent the computer back and out of 2500.00 dollars they are refunding 950.00. They charge 20% restocking fees and so on. There story now is the shipping co damaged it but IRONSIDE will not take care of it. They told the us they would assist us in filing a claim against fedex for there mistakes. The computer was not finished being built and missing parts that were NOT in the box. They said they must have a new tech. They said they would ship within 2 days. They shipped 3 weeks later.
Ironside computers will put anything in a box and send it to you but there terms and conditions say you have to pay for return shipping and the credit card fees and the restocking fees even if they send you a POS in the mail. They can mail you a computer from 10 years ago and say its something else because of there terms and agreements.
Luckily we are close enough to Las Vegas where our Attorney can file a law suit. We will be posting it soon. Save your self a lot of grief and buy from a well known company.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.