Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Question

My Outlook Email Corrupted

by jetchan68 / August 20, 2012 8:34 PM PDT

Hello All,

I am using outlook 7 for Email reading and writing but few days ago I faced some problem with my email account actually I have so much email data which is very important but when I am trying to open my main its note open and one error page come to desktop and says unable to open one of my friend told me that my emails PST Files are corrupted what it's means ,I don,t understand about real problem and PST is corrupted so how can I solve this problem please help me to find out my email data back .it's very urgent.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My Outlook Email Corrupted
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My Outlook Email Corrupted
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Clarification of my Question please don,t confused .
by jetchan68 / August 20, 2012 10:22 PM PDT

Hi All,

I am going to clarification of my Question

1) I used Outlook 2007
2) I find a Error massage of".PST File could not be opend"
3)I used Inbox Repair Tool provided by Microsoft tool
4)But My problem is being same (.PST File not open)

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: outlook email corrupted
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 20, 2012 8:55 PM PDT

- First of all, you only lose the mails you sent and received since your last backup of your pst-file (that's you're mail-archive). How often do you make such a backup?
- Can you tell the exact error message. I don't think it is "unable to open one of my friends".
- There is no Outlook 7. There's only Windows 7. There's Outlook 2000, XP, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010. Which one do you have?
- When did you last 'compact' your pst-file?
- You can try microsofts "inbox repair tool". See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497
- There are many third party programs that claim they can repair a corrupted file. I can't recommend one from personal use, but have a look at http://www.google.coml/search?q=pst+recover and try a few if the microsoft tool doesn't work.

It's quite possible the file is so damaged, that you will lose most of your mails. But you'll only know that after you tried.

Kees

Collapse -
RE:
by jetchan68 / August 20, 2012 10:11 PM PDT

Hi Kees,

First thank you for reply me actually i used Outlook 2007

The error massage comes with a massage of ".pst file could not be opened"

I just try Inbox repair Tool but unable to solve my problem can you pkease tellme more what to do.

Collapse -
Then it's time for the paid repair tools.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 20, 2012 10:25 PM PDT
In reply to: RE:

See my google link above.

Hope one of them will work for you.

Kees

Collapse -
RE:
by jetchan68 / August 20, 2012 11:12 PM PDT

Dear Kees,

Thank you again i used the link provided by you but i am confused there are so may software site which procide smae software Three of them i choose but still have problem which may be used from them

1)systool
2)Kernel data recovery
3)Steller

I just want to know about which can provide me best support service if you have any idea about this please give me information actually i am not tech gyes so i can't understand it so much.

Collapse -
Re: recovery
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 21, 2012 6:21 AM PDT

As I wrote, I have no personal experience with them and I can't give any recommendation. Just try and see what works best.

Make a copy of the pst-file before you run any such program and let it work on the copy. Then if it changes the file it won't influence the next program you try on a fresh copy.

Kees

Collapse -
RE:
by jetchan68 / August 21, 2012 7:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: recovery

Well Thank you very much Kees for your quick reply and useful information if you have any other information please provide me .

Collapse -
Answer
Re
by handyoleg / August 23, 2012 8:48 PM PDT

If your emails PST Files are corrupted and u don't found any solution try any 3rd party software and recover PST files . So many software available online .

Collapse -
RE:
by jetchan68 / August 23, 2012 9:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Re

Hi Handyoleg,

Yes as i describe above my .pst file is corrupted can you please tell me about which type of 3rd party data recovery software which provide me my data back .can me some information about this.

Collapse -
Re: outlook recovery
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 23, 2012 9:14 PM PDT

In your first post you said it was "very urgent". In one of your posts above you mentioned you had selected 3 programs out of the google hits I provided, so I advised you to just try those 3 to see if one of them worked for you.

But now I understand you didn't do anything yet. So it wasn't "very urgent", it wasn't even "urgent", it was just not urgent at all. If it really was you would have done something.

No help from me anymore.

Kees

Collapse -
RE:
by jetchan68 / August 23, 2012 10:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: outlook recovery

Hey Kees,

I tried all of three mention data recovery software but dear all provide me only a demo version one of them provide some of my required data but dear it's so costly so i thought for next solution and decide to myself that i will wait and choose a Application which is suitable to my pocket if you are agree to me man please continuous to help me.

Collapse -
I see.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 23, 2012 10:44 PM PDT

I don't think what you want will be free. Only you can decide if the price to pay for the best program is less than what these mails are worth for you. If it is, buy it, and get that mails back. If not, don't buy and lose that mails. Your choice.

In the meantime, keep searching for the best program. Nobody can tell what the best is for your particular corrupted file.

Kees

Collapse -
RE:
by handyoleg / August 26, 2012 10:22 PM PDT

I read your all discussion on this topic and found you are relay need of a third party data recovery software and as you discuss above for your 3 choice of Application why not you go for one .if you one to check more application it's ok but want to say that the tree software which is discuss above by you relay good and off course i have also have no idea about support service provided by your 3 choice application provider but if want to other choice i have information about well known application which is already used by my friend and he talk to me about their positive response as well as he satisfied with support service too.

But one thing want to say very stickily it's only my reviews of software use your sense before you get it or not
the software is well known as Recoveryfix for PST Repair you can check it may be possible you got your all desire solution from here .

Last but not least if it's help you please let me know as i also want to confirm myself too in future i suggest this software to anybody else or not.

Thanks

Collapse -
RE:
by jetchan68 / August 27, 2012 9:29 PM PDT

Hi Handyoleg,

Once again thank you for your valuable answer i am just download Recoveryfix for PST Repair now and try to run. lets see what happen in my result after i got my desire data i will inform you thank you.

Collapse -
Re: inform
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 29, 2012 8:51 PM PDT

You didn't inform us yet about the results. Can you tell what happened?

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
How to troubleshoot Outlook?
by smeagol123 / August 27, 2012 10:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
RE:
by jetchan68 / August 29, 2012 8:40 PM PDT

HI Semagol,

Thank you for your information i fallow your link and find useful information .have you nay other idea .?

Collapse -
What more ideas do you need?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 29, 2012 8:54 PM PDT

A program that does what you want is a good idea, and you need no more.
A program that does not do what you want is a bad idea, and you might need other suggestions.

So without knowing the results of the previous idea it doesn't make much sense to give new ideas.

My current ideas:
1. It isn't urgent at all, because you're doing nothing at with the information given here.
2. It's hopeless. No recovery is possible. You lost your mails. Just accept that and for the future start thinking about backup.

Kees

Collapse -
RE:
by jetchan68 / August 29, 2012 9:18 PM PDT

Hi Kees,

Thank you for your reply again and again as i told you i am not in urgent now and just search for a good result for me by the wealth as well good quality too.

Actually i am already use a Demo version of many Application which discuss on this Post and i also call one them support service for more information and my discussion is now on correct line it's also possible because of you once again thanks for help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

CNET EDITORS' CHOICE

Roku Streaming Stick 2016

Roku has the most apps, the simplest interface and the best search, making it CNET's favorite way to stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO and all the rest.