Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps

Question

My Outlook 2010 Not Responding

by jzubeja / September 5, 2012 9:26 PM PDT

I used Outlook 2010 with exchange server everything going good but few days ago My Outlook's OST database become unreadable my be it's corrupt and I have more than 2gB data of OST can you please give some suggestion ,how i can recover my OST File .

As i suggest by a friend that i need of OST to PST Converter Tool.

Is This True?

Any Please help my to recover my Outlook.

Thanks In advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My Outlook 2010 Not Responding
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My Outlook 2010 Not Responding
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
RE:
by kellylorry / September 6, 2012 9:11 PM PDT

You should be run Inbox repair tool which is scanpst.exe first find your PST File and run with scanpst.exe may be possible your pst is also corrupte this is also one reason of outlook not open.

Another thing OST File capacty are 2gB while it's more then it so it too one of the reason any way if still problem is not solved .

You can try any third party data recovery software to reair and convert you OST File .

Collapse -
Hi
by jzubeja / September 9, 2012 8:13 PM PDT
In reply to: RE:

Thanks for your answer.

I already used scanpst.exe but got nothing.

which type third party software you are talking about?

Collapse -
RE:
by kellylorry / September 10, 2012 8:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Hi

You can search it yourself from Google .

Just put your desire keyword in Google in your case put "ost to pst software".

You can find a large number of list of software choose any one of them Happy

If you want my opinion about software i just suggest for Recoveryfix for OST to PST software.

And you can also find demo version from here http://www.recoveryfix.com/ost-conversion.html

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Outlook 2010
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 6, 2012 9:15 PM PDT

Mentioning Exchange server most often means it's a business environment. Few private persons receive their mail in Exchange.

And that means there's somebody to manage the email system and support users, or maybe something like a help desk. They should be able to help you. Much better than experimenting yourself.

Kees

Collapse -
Re: OST file
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 6, 2012 9:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Outlook 2010

The OST-file is just an off-line copy of the contents of the Exchange server. So if you simply rename it, Outlook won't find it and will start making and filling a nice new uncorrupted ost-file. That's a riskless procedure, since you can always rename it back.

Kees

Collapse -
Thanks
by jzubeja / September 9, 2012 8:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: OST file

Thank you for you response.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.