Samsung forum

General discussion

My HT-BD2e will not play any disc at all !!!!

by donovan007007 / May 4, 2010 2:13 AM PDT

I have had this system for a little over a year and now it will not play any disc I put in it, except for Avatar and Big trouble in Little China.....I have over 100 Blue Ray discs and over 800 DVD's and none of them work at all!

I have read everything here about updating the firmware and and my version is..... S/W: 081227.01_Xaa

I have made a disc with the new update from the Samsung website per their instructions to the "T", and the I cannot get it to load because the dang Blu-Ray player wont even read the DISC!!!!

It keeps telling me "NO DISC"....."NO DISC"......"NO DISC"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have cleaned the laser hundreds of times using a Maxwell disc cleaner and it always played the cleaner disc without fail, now it wont even let me clean it because it wont read the disc.

I paid $800 for this unit new with my 67" Samsung DLP w/ LED backlight and now I cannot even watch the thing.

Samsung support, I know you can see this, help me out please....

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My HT-BD2e will not play any disc at all !!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My HT-BD2e will not play any disc at all !!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My HT-BD2e will not play any disc at all !!!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 4, 2010 6:38 AM PDT

donovan007007,

I'll give it my best effort.

Try holding down the FF>> button for 12 seconds, or until the player restarts. You may have to do this twice.

The first time, do it with the disc tray empty. Let it power up, then power back down, and then restart it. Insert the disc and see if that will work.

If that doesn't work, try the FF>> method with the disc in the tray to see if it reboots and allows you to update the firmware.

If your cleaner disc contains brushes, it may have knocked the laser out of calibration, in which case, it's likely that the unit may need to be sent in.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Still won't work!
by donovan007007 / May 16, 2010 3:05 PM PDT

Sorry I haven't got back to you in a couple of weeks but I've been busy.

First off no luck, I have tried to hold down the buttons on the player for 12 seconds and no luck on that either, it will not reboot.

The only front buttons on the unit itself are... (from left to right) eject, function, chapter back, stop, play/pause, chapter forward and a wide long button for volume + and -......

I have tried and held down each button without it rebooting at all, i have even tried it on the remote as well.

I think I might need to send it in. I bought my unit new from Conn's Electronics with the extended service plan and I have a year left on the 2 year agreement. They said over the phone when I bring it in for service that they will not replace it but fix/repair it. They also added that it might take up to a couple of months sometimes for service..... Geesh!!!

Do you think it would be in my best interest to send it direct to Samsung instead?

Can you give me some info on doing so? Phone number or dept......... How long would a laser realignment be?

Sorry if I seem long with my questions, it's just that I paid over a thousand dollars for this system and I expect my equipment to work. This is first venture away from RCA and so far it not going well at all, every peice of RCA equipment I have purchased lasted for five or more years for only the power going out on them because they were used so much without fail.

I expected since I paid triple to quadruple amount of money for these Samsung products, I expected triple to quadruple performance........ I quess I was wrong. Sad

Collapse -
Still won't work!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 17, 2010 1:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Still won't work!

donovan007007,

I'm sorry to hear that it's still not working. I would recommend taking advantage of the warranty that you do have, and see if maybe they could speed up the process a little. Unfortunately, I don't think it would still be under Samsung's warranty, but if you'd like to check, you can call 800-SAMSUNG. They will definitely be able to tell you.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.