Computer Help forum

My Facebook Fan Page Got Hacked Into, How Do I Recover It?

by wotech159 / August 24, 2012 6:03 AM PDT

To clear things up, my Facebook account is fine, but my Facebook Fan Page for my blog got hacked into, and the creator, and admins, including myself, no longer have access. The hacker(s) have posted things like "Anyone wish to buy this page?" They have even said we are under new management, all of which is false. We are powerless to stop it, no one seems to know what to do, the Facebook Help Center and it's contact forms are useless. Facebook's phone number is equally as useless, and I'm assuming they're mailing address is just as useless. We have 331 likes on our Facebook page, and really don't want to start a new Facebook page, which is for our blog, which we've grown a-lot in the past year. Does anyone have any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My Facebook Fan Page Got Hacked Into, How Do I Recover It?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My Facebook Fan Page Got Hacked Into, How Do I Recover It?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
by pgc3 / August 25, 2012 10:23 AM PDT

Good luck on that one! A friend of mine had a similar problem, wound up totally redoing FB. It seems that some of the social networks are pretty susceptible to hacking and other nefarious issues, the worst I have seen is/was MYSPACE, I have cleaned up more than one system that had been hit by crap through that site. From what I have heard trying to contact FB when issues arise, such as yours and my friend's, is akin to trying to pull teeth out of a chicken. Too bad you couldn't tag the ip of who is doing this to you, payback, as they say. Not that it will likely help but my advice to those I have dealt with who have run into problems with hackers and keyloggers (not that what you are dealing with is necessarily a related issue) security software can be critical to preventing intrusions but it can be pricey, in some cases. If you don't have something fairly heavy duty that deals with keylogging/phishing blocking capability, you might want to shop around for some. I will throw this by a friend who is a pretty major in the shadows software geek and see what his take is on stuff like this.

Collapse -
What to do if you facebook fanpage got hacked, stolen
by qsdnxu / June 6, 2013 7:34 PM PDT

We got back our page! Our page has over a million fans, and a hacker stole it, so we didn't rest till we got it back.

Here are the links you must write to:!/legal/copyright.php?copyright_notice=1

We filled out these forms and we firstly got a negative respond:

"It appears you are instead writing to us for support about a Page admin issue.

Facebook is not in a position to resolve disputes regarding admin privileges."

But we kept continue writing them, and I even searched for real persons at facebook. I searched for pictures of facebook london office and I wrote those who were tagged and who I thought belongs to facebook. And I got replay from one guy, he asked which page is it, I wrote him and the whole situation, and 3 hours later, I got my page back.

They wrote this:

Hi Peter,

We've restored your Page admin status. Here are some things you can do to help keep your account safe:

- Pick a strong password & don't share it
- Update your email passwords
- Add a security question to your account:
- Take advantage of our extra security features:
- Review our security tips:

If you have any other questions, please visit our Help Center:

User Operations

One more thing, facebook dosen't like if you added other admins and they banned you. You must be careful and add people to admin who you can trust in, but if you were the only admin or there were two or three more, but suddenly a new one came and banned you all can be suspicious as well so in this case write them because it is really weird and they will help you to get your page back.

Collapse -
Bro i lost my page too.
by Joshmahala / September 24, 2013 2:20 PM PDT

Hello, I lost my page in exact same way that you did. Please help me bro. Can you give me id of Mehmut, So i may contact him.

Collapse -
Our fan page go hacked....HELP PLEASE...
by Blinki_Al / October 3, 2013 5:26 PM PDT

Please provide us the id of Mahmut (or e-mail address), may be he help us too.

I have been admin of fan page of the company were i work.I work at a big shopping center, and someone hacked our page.
Please help me, because is very important to me, may be my chief cancelled me if i don`t recover the page Sad

Best regard

Collapse -
Hi guys
by Llemo91 / December 22, 2013 12:11 AM PST

Yesterday someone hacked my account and stole my facebook fun page with 120K fans.I have eamiled facebook and im waiting for their reply.Could you please guide me where to talk with to get back my page.It is a really great loss for me.The hacker entered in my account fb and removed me ffrom admin of the fun page so i lost acces.Im writing all the forums im so desperate dont know what to do more.

Collapse -
Facebook page hacked
by AnkaMojoRisingInc / February 4, 2014 11:31 PM PST

Message from one of our friends who just lost their page to hackers : Hi everybody , my fashion page got hacked and disappeared. I worked on it for almost to years and had over 150,000 fans. I'm trying to contact facebook but so far no answer. I made this page to ask facebook to have a help support program for cases when pages are hacked. Please like and spread the word around. I read online that Facebook can help but it's very hard to get in touch with them and don't have this particular issue in the help section. They have how to help if your personal account is hacked but not your page. Some of us even pays for ads .. so I do think it's Facebook responsibility to help if something like this happens. Let's make sure Facebook will help you if that happens. Your page could be next. Please if anything like this happened to you or someone you know share your story on the page.

Collapse -
This old post is now closed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 4, 2014 11:41 PM PST
In reply to: Facebook page hacked

This thread is more than 529 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and replying to it will serve no purpose. However, if you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can start a new discussion.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.