Phones forum

My cell phone drops calls

by purplemajesty72 / March 9, 2013 6:51 AM PST

Hello, I recently got ATT Uverse and every since they hooked up internect, dvr and wireless, my phone constantly drops calls, I can call out and receive calls but as soon as I answer they drop. Any suggestions?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My cell phone drops calls
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My cell phone drops calls
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
We need more info about your hardware, etc.
by Pepe7 / March 10, 2013 1:06 AM PST

What specific equipment & services are you signed up for(?)

Unless there's something specific you have done to utilize a home phone handset to also serve as you cellular device(?), adding UVERSE to the mix shouldn't affect your ATT Wireless device. I'm even thinking of some rogue radio interference in the vicinity. Those typical home device frequencies won't usually affect cellular phones since they are using different frequency bands than ATTW.

Give us more specifics (makes/models/connections/etc.) and we can start to troubleshoot from there.

Have you asked your neighbors also w/ ATTW if they are by chance experiencing call drops nearby(?) It maybe as simple as the network being maintained/upgraded in your vicinity too.

Collapse -
by purplemajesty72 / March 10, 2013 5:35 PM PDT

I have TV, internet and phone through ATT.
There are wireless receivers, modem and a d-link
Wireless booster. I have Sprint cell service.

Collapse -
Not enough info....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / March 10, 2013 9:45 PM PDT
In reply to: clarification

As Pepe7 pointed out, we still don't know what model/make of the devices you are using. Have you spoken with At&t yet about the issue ??

Collapse -
Examples for you to emulate
by Pepe7 / March 11, 2013 2:52 AM PDT
In reply to: clarification

Sprint iPhone 5

Samsung XD435600 LED HDTV

Give us the fully monty so we can help Happy

All Answers

Collapse -
May Help with Dropped Calls
by williambjacobs / March 11, 2013 12:51 AM PDT

try this Settings => General => Network and switch OFF 3G

Collapse -
I'd be afraid at...
by Pepe7 / March 11, 2013 2:53 AM PDT

...what that might do on Sprint's puny network <vbg> Wink

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.