Android forum

Question

My apps updates are not downloading, why?

by DarthSwarovski / June 27, 2012 5:09 AM PDT

Hello, newbie here, with a puzzling question. Since last week I'm unable to download my apps updates from Google Play.

I'm using a Motorola Milestone 2 (I think in some places it's called Droid X, but I'm not sure) version A953. Running on Android 2.2, no updates on this one available to me. I live in Brazil, things take some time to get here...

The problem: when I click to update it shows a message that the first app update is queued, and it will never actually download, and neither will the other 9 (as of today they are already 10).

I cleaned Google Play data and cache on Settings>Applications>manage your apps. Still no luck.

Does anyone know why it is happening, and what the solution might be?

Thanks in advance.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: My apps updates are not downloading, why?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: My apps updates are not downloading, why?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Same here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 27, 2012 5:19 AM PDT

My buddy said it so well. Ready?

"Android is the new Windows."

So true. Things don't update and more. But rather than worry about those updates why not use and enjoy this thing?
Bob

Collapse -
Oh dear!
by DarthSwarovski / June 27, 2012 10:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Same here.

First of all, thanks for your reply, Bob.

Now, if this is the way I have to deal with my Android, well, I'm doomed, cause I'm already knee-high in a Windows 7 conspiracy. Next thing I know the black helicopters will be after me. Shocked

Collapse -
We can do that!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 27, 2012 10:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Oh dear!
Collapse -
It's compatible!
by DarthSwarovski / June 28, 2012 12:40 AM PDT
In reply to: We can do that!

At least it seems to be compatible with Android...

If you hear about Google addressing this issue I would appreciate the info. I won't hold my breath though, cause I have lots of things to do and cannot afford the consequences. Silly

Collapse -
Eye candy vs. functionality.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2012 3:03 AM PDT
In reply to: It's compatible!

Frankly the companies are not focused on functionality. The basic apps for contacts is only that. Basic.

It feels like Windows 3.0 all over again to me where basic apps are nothing more than demos and you find apps to replace the ones that don't work for you.
Bob

Collapse -
17 and counting
by DarthSwarovski / July 7, 2012 6:23 AM PDT

Bob, while I appreciate immensely your help, I believe that keeping this thread is pointless. Feel free to lock it, and I'll try to get myself some cozy corner in the other discussions. If you hear some news on my issue, let me know, please.

Collapse -
Sesame Street and The Count or Count von Count.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 7, 2012 6:30 AM PDT
In reply to: 17 and counting

This just in... A buddy tells me to try the Google DNS on their WiFi link the next time when doing updates.

Might help?

Collapse -
Come again?
by DarthSwarovski / July 8, 2012 12:01 AM PDT

Bob, have mercy. I'm in the middle of what is my side rant du jour, fighting for 2 days Windows 7 registry logs. One would think that when you inform Windows that the current user has its name changed it would alter all the subroutines to avoid generating conflict. But we all know that Windows is the greatest joke inflicted on humanity, cause unless you still remember your good ol' DOS you're d00med. Cry

I'm also doing my best refraining from not cursing the previous owner straight to the ninth circle of hell for leaving me to argue with the stupidest OS ever. Or I'll akcnowledge that resistance is futile and have an expert formatting this computer, cause I'm starting to believe it has a personal grudge against me.

/side rant

Please, would you mind explaining me what you've said above, using very small words, and pitying the poor old crazy cat lady?

Collapse -
I didn't do it!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 8, 2012 12:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Come again?

It was a possible fix . Google this -> Google DNS.

I can't possibly guess what WiFi router you use and tell you how to change this as no router was shared above or I missed it.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.