Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Question

my account was blocked how can i unblock it

by amanisalah / September 10, 2012 6:44 AM PDT

my email dr.amani2000@hotmail.com is blocked.icant unblock it . i answer to all qestion by recoverd the password it dosent worked the send to me the code to altrinative email khtaha8@hotmail.com also was blocked i cant resive the code or the link to unblock my email.please help my i need itthis information my help you to unblock my email
unique id 0006bffd980054b2
name amani salah
registered since march 21.2006
country uae
D.O.B.24/1/1965
please reply to me on this email amani_abdelhafiz@yahoo.com

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: my account was blocked how can i unblock it
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: my account was blocked how can i unblock it
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sadly that's a great way to get spammed and then blocked.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 10, 2012 6:50 AM PDT

Posting email addresses in the clear is not going to help. Can you alert your thread and we can clean it up?

But for now, only Microsoft can unblock this. Some have posted this question here but this is not the place to get it unblocked.
Bob

Collapse -
I had a similar problem with Live Mail
by Darrell / September 14, 2012 12:25 AM PDT
I went to 7 email addresses, 4 hotmail.com & 3 live.com. Even used the update of windows-live-essentials and tried the "new" outlook.com. After 3 months, I deleted all the essentials from the computer, they even had to ask for my cell number. I even used a gmail.com account. Only one address worked. I installed Mozilla Thunderbird 15.01, there are no problems. I have 2 email adderesses from gmail.com and 2 addresses from comcast.net listed on one place. I have WIN 7 Home Premium, 32/64 bit in my Compaq; four email addresess used to work when I had WIN98SE SP3, they are no longer usable after 3 months of trying to resolve Live Mail. If someone has an email address for Windows Live Mail, let me know. Darrell
Collapse -
.csv and blocking in Restricted Zone.
by Darrell / September 14, 2012 1:32 AM PDT
Forgot to mention that if you get all your contacts into a .CSV file, it will be in Your Documents. That can all be printed out and if you use gmail.com (google.com), you can use all those email addresses blocked by hotmail.com.
I installed all of them into Mozilla Thunderbird; I also blocked http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows live/essentials-home in the Restricted Zone on Internet Options, in the Control Panel. It will never be installed. Darrell
Collapse -
yahoo.com question
by Darrell / September 14, 2012 2:47 AM PDT
I notice you use yahoo.com as an email address. I had 2 for ten years. I kept sending Spam to the Spamguard. I regret to say that I kept getting Spam that thought was blocked. I came to the conclusion that was not working. Later, I received from Yahoo abuse@yahoo.com saying that I had spammed a Moderator in the http://forums.cnet.com/spyware-viruses-security-forum/. I said that was not right; later, I found another link on this topic in CNET. At top of the page, type "in bad news for www.yahoo.com" by darclew3. Another Moderater gave me a link to paid yahoo.com people.
Later, I got another email from abuse@admin-yahoo.com. I had turn to my other check and that meant war. MSN was planning to buy yahoo.com and I contacted that man giving him that link. Bottom line was yahoo was not bought. That was my old forum address. Darrell
Collapse -
I got blocked out of my Windows Live Mail !!
by AkShiri / October 20, 2012 1:16 AM PDT

How the heck do you get in contact with microsoft. Ive reset my password 10 times! still nothing is working! Please help!!! Alternative email is lilash51990@yahoo.com

Collapse -
it says my live acc dosen't exist
by bazooooka / October 31, 2013 2:02 PM PDT

i tried to acess to my account one8ty2@live.com but it says it dosen't exist. BUT my facebook and twitter account says it sed\nd a conformation email to my live account .So can anyone help me to acess my live id.
bcoz of this i can't open my twitter

Collapse -
Where to go if blocked?
by Aulapa / September 20, 2012 2:05 AM PDT

Where do I go to get unblocked?

Collapse -
As noted above. Microsoft.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 20, 2012 2:10 AM PDT

"only Microsoft can unblock this"

Some folk seem to think there is another way. So far, it's Microsoft's choice on this one.
Bob

Collapse -
how do you get in contact with microsoft
by AkShiri / October 20, 2012 1:20 AM PDT

I keep getting dead ended. what gives?

Collapse -
Not much it seems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 21, 2012 4:00 AM PDT

Remember that this is not the place to get it unblocked. We can only discuss it and vent here.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
forum policy
by Darrell / September 16, 2012 4:28 AM PDT

When posting a message to a forum, your username is the only information that is displayed. However, you should always exercise judgment when revealing personal information about yourself when you post messages in public forums. For more information, please read CBS Interactive's Privacy Policy. This was listed in red above the the post box. Darrell

Collapse -
Answer
Sorry
by DerekRose81 / September 30, 2012 8:41 PM PDT

I'm sorry to say, but this recently happened to a friend of mine. He got is e-mail blocked and answered a few questions regarding his personal account. Hotmail said that the information he answered was not true and that it didn't prove that he was the owner of the account. So he never got his old e-mail back....

Collapse -
Answer
Windows Live Mail Account blocked
by OZBill / February 22, 2013 3:17 PM PST

After using 'Windows Live Mail' for over two years on my computer running Windows 7, I am suddenly having problems as mentioned in this thread. This could be after the latest 'updates' from Microsoft but a connection is unlikely.
When I open Live Mail after booting my computer I get a pop-up informing me that my account has been blocked and I should wait 'some time' before trying again. There is also a link to reset my password.
The program still runs properly.
I have used the link to reset my password over a dozen times, following the suggestion that I use a new password which I have not used before.
After inputting a new password I am taken to my account details with the opportunity to update any information, which I do not need to do except the password.
Yet after going through all this the same problem arises when I open 'Live Mail' again.

This seems to be a common problem and no one seems to have a cure. The problem must lie with the data base for passwords which is presumably managed by Microsoft or their agents. Surely microsoft are aware of the problem. Should they not be creating a solution in an update?

Collapse -
The cure is to change your email server.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2013 11:36 PM PST

It's a shame but I've helped many move to another email app and another account elsewhere.
Bob

Collapse -
Sorry
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2013 11:40 PM PST

Cure is the wrong word to use here. As free email tends to be what it is and the company offering it will end the offer, I need to change that word to some other word.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.