Car Tech

General discussion

MY 97 CADILLAC ELDORADO IS THE BEST CAR EVER MADE PERIOD

by stewart norrie / December 23, 2005 7:47 AM PST

I have owned this awsome machine for two years all I did was add 19 custom rims and a set of low profile wide tires I get thums up all the time it looks stunning, 28.1 miles to the gallon and the other nite I raced a b,m,w little race car and blew it away. My sister bought a new Mercedis Banz $72 thousand dollar car and its a piece of junk compared to my car, boaring no power etc. problem is you all buy cars that look the same and they are all silver. The new Mustang is the only car that looks fresh . even an old pinto looks better than your new ugly cars marry xmas

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MY 97 CADILLAC ELDORADO IS THE BEST CAR EVER MADE PERIOD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MY 97 CADILLAC ELDORADO IS THE BEST CAR EVER MADE PERIOD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So I See You've Been Enjoying The Refreshments....
by Psych Doc / December 23, 2005 12:38 PM PST

....Don't drive until you sober up.

"97 CADILLAC ELDORADO IS THE BEST CAR EVER"

Bwahahahaha, that was a really funny post.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Riight...
by Computant / January 17, 2006 3:05 AM PST

A 72 thousand dollar mercedis banz? Mercedes Benz? Your Caddy puts out roughly 300 horsepower (assuming you have the top of the line model, which I doubt). A $60,000 Mercedes SLK55AMG puts out 355 horsepower and an enourmous 376 LB of torque. 80 more then yours.

Owning a mercedes myself it just had to be said. Nice 19's though.

Collapse -
caddy eldorado
by cindyfrank / July 18, 2006 5:27 AM PDT

so does this mean that your car will blow away a 2006 Subaru Impreza STI. i think i have a better chance of seeing pigs fly.

Collapse -
Sure
by Andy77e / June 2, 2007 7:41 AM PDT
In reply to: caddy eldorado

With nitris and a blower it will. But that aside, to me what makes a car fun to drive isn't whether it can "blow away.." anything, because if that's all that matter, I'll be a drag strip driver and none of you will ever touch me.

Speed alone is just a matter of money. Whoever has the most cash to dump into their car wins.

Subaru is an ok car, I get bored with it. If you like it great. But I do love the Eldorado. What a fun car to drive. Roomy, plush, comfortable, yet fast, responsive, and still economical. Now maybe you like your Subaru and hate the Caddy, that's fine. But I'd take the Eldorado over one of those anyday. Girls like my Eldorado better, I'll say that. At work, they always ask to use my car. More people can fit more comfortably in it.

But to each his own right?

BTW, let me make this clear, I only like the Eldorado. The other caddies are junk of the lowest degree... well other than that XLR Roadster which will blow your STI away.... lol (it's a corvette rip off but hey)

Collapse -
Just the begining for my 97 Eldorado!
by Fastclas / June 2, 2007 12:50 AM PDT

My 97 Eldorado has a new rebuilt 32v Northstar from the Caddy deealer.I just started to dress it up. Hood scoops,wing,streetglow and graphic stickers. The car is Maroon and the acc. are white. I even have 80 year olds checking it out. No matter where I go I am always turning heads and getting compliments. Wish you could see a pic. of it. I am going to start going for hp. and tq. next. I can't wait. I just hope people do not get wiplash trying to look at it as I am going by, HAHAHA

Collapse -
Do you derive some sort of sick pleasure from this?
by alantilden / June 22, 2007 1:50 PM PDT

You seem to enjoy the thought of hundreds of people getting whiplash as you go by. I find this personally offensive. Whiplash can hurt, and you are causing real pain if you intentionally drive an attractive car past people who have to turn their heads quickly to get a glimpse.
I think it would be more appropriate for you to park the '97 Eldorado in some convenient public place and publish a schedule in the paper of where and when the car will be available for viewing. In between showings, you should transport the car in an enclosed car-haul trailer so that you don't cause traffic pile-ups, rear-end chain reactions and the like. And what if someone already has whiplash or is wearing a foam neck collar when the Eldorado passes by? Some people only think of themselves.
Presidential Candidate John Edwards is right: there are Two Americas. One is the high-stying, profiling, selfish luxury-car-driving show-off Americans (like YOU), and the other is decent, unselfish, ethical, God-fearing, hard-working, underpaid, uninsured, over-taxed normal people. Economic justice demands that you turn your car in at the local museum so nobody will have to deal with jealousy issues (or is it envy issues?). And no fudging on the valuation of the donation either. Just ask the IRS to tell you what value they would give it.

Collapse -
Ugh...
by Andy77e / June 23, 2007 4:23 AM PDT

Here we go. Religious self-righteous pointing fingers at everyone else.

Rule number one: the person claiming everyone else is "X" is normally "X" himself.

You think God is into you being judge over everyone? You think he supports you pointing your finger at people claiming they are "high-stying, profiling, selfish luxury-car-driving show-off Americans (like YOU)"?

You think being under-paid makes you decent and unselfish? Sounds more like vain and arrogant to me. Economic justice? What God is this? Greed is what demands "economic justice". Greed is what requires other people to not have, what you are jealous of.

"Some people only think of themselves" I agree and you are one of them. A person who can not be happy for the success of others, but instead demands that they give up their success for everyone else, is selfish indeed. You would make a good politician, and that's not a complement.

Collapse -
Give me a break!!!
by Fastclas / August 15, 2007 3:47 AM PDT

First of all, I appoligze if you found my post offensive and no I do not get any pleasure from ppl getting whiplash. I have had it and "yes it stinks".It's not my falt they turn their heads quickly.So who would you blame the dealers or the ppl that buy them for the Dodge Viper SRT10, the Lamborghini Gallordo and Murcielago or even the Mercedes Benz CLK? I know that when I see one of these cars I turn my head to look at them. Second, I'm far from high class and I "saved" my money to by this car and the acc. I busted my butt to get where I am today.I am the decent,unselfish,ethical,god fearing,hard working,"way under paid", uninsured, over taxed person John Edwards spoke about! Wait I don't fear God!God has helped me get where I am today. As far as publishing an ad in the paper all my money went in to my car. But if you want to pay for the publishing and a place to park it I would be more then happy to let you..If ppl crash in their cars or cause an accident when I go by that is their fault not mine. They should be paying attition to their driving and not what I am driving.

Collapse -
Whiplash from looking at Lamborghini..
by Damian007 / October 2, 2007 1:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Give me a break!!!

I'm in the process of suing Lamborghini at the moment for causing me to get Whiplash as I tried to get a glimpse of this car as it sped by me at the supermarket car park the other week. I was backing out of my parking spot and as I thought I was doing the right thing by looking both ways, an unusual silver flash went by. I just had to see what it was as it was so fascinating from what the first glimpse looked like. I quickly rotated my head and just as I got to see the Lamborghini speed away I heard an awful "snap" in my neck. So, now it's off to the law courts to see how much my lawyer can make from Lamborghini. Of course I won't see any of the money as the Lawyer has told me it will cost me 110% of whatever we get so it looks like I'll be paying him on top. Still, I think this should send a message to all the Sports Car Makers that they must stop making such Fine, Atttractive, Whiplash causing Vehicles. I'm doing all this for humanity's sake.

Collapse -
Stewee
by bevillan / August 16, 2007 3:40 AM PDT

Don't kid yourself. Cadillac may have luxury but they are pretty horrible for driving experience. Sport sedans owners laugh at the CTS as it tried to play with the Lexus and BMW crowd but its handling and engine failed miserably.

No American car deserves "best car ever made" consideration.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.