Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

MusicMatch 10: Saved Playlist Woes

by tnardoni / June 7, 2005 1:43 AM PDT

Hello, list! I've been a MusicMatch Jukebox user for years. When I upgraded to MusicMatch 10 from 9.something, all my playlists disappeared.

Also, when I try to save tracks to a new playlist and then open the playlist later, I get the error: "No tracks in playlist!"

Grrr! What do you think?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MusicMatch 10: Saved Playlist Woes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MusicMatch 10: Saved Playlist Woes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Another nugget of info for MusicMatch playlists
by tnardoni / June 14, 2005 5:54 AM PDT

Answering my own question, in part... Today I added music files to the MusicMatch player from Windows Explorer.

When I clicked "Save" and gave it a name "Test", MusicMatch added these tracks to its library.

That was curious.

I cleared the player, clicked the Playlist button, chose "Test" from the list and boom, it loaded my Test playlist and began playing.

Cleared the player again, cleared all the tracks out of the library; *this* time when I clicked Playlist > Test, I got the "No tracks in playlist!" message again.

So...Am I understanding correctly that MMJB will only save my playlist if the tracks are also listed in the library?!?!? That SUCKS.

Collapse -
MusicMatch JB 10
by kenneraz / July 11, 2005 2:28 AM PDT

I too noticed that a song needs to exist in the library to save an active playlist. There is a safety feature that prompts you to save all songs that exist in playlists if you're removing songs from the library. I also noticed there is a playlist export feature, but I have not explored it.

Collapse -
MusicMatch Mo' Woes
by logon / August 9, 2005 8:43 AM PDT
In reply to: MusicMatch JB 10

It gets worse. You can not move a music file used in a MM 10 playlist to a different folder or drive, without breaking the link to that file in the Libray. Files that are not linked through the Library are automatically removed from all existing playlists, and there is no way to edit playlists and their file location links directly. (Bad news!)

You can try using the "Repair Broken Link" feature, but it is a real pain if you have a large Library. MM 10 will not repair individual links. You have to search through your entire library and deal with all the broken links.

Musicmatch really needs to fix this, along with a few other problems, to really have a decent music library manager

Collapse -
MusicMatch 10 Problems
by reggiesadberry / August 14, 2008 12:20 AM PDT
In reply to: MusicMatch Mo' Woes

I currently have over 3,000 songs in my library and most of these indivual tracks have a broken link. I have no idea how to fix the broken link.

Most of these tunes can be found by using the search function on my computer hard drive but does anyone know of a software library (please do not say Yahoo Musicmatch as they are now going to another softward program and are having problems with losing the tunes when you move to the new program).

To me MusicMatch 10 was the greatest until I tried to move most of my music from one hard drive to another and then upgraded to Yahoo Music Match. Now all I have is problems and looking to start over with a program that will function like MusicMatch 10 without all the broken links.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.