Samsung forum

Rant

Multiplying 'dead pixels' on my Samsung DLP.

by brfatal / May 31, 2011 11:30 AM PDT

About 2 weeks ago a white dot appeared off to the side of the screen. Now this weekend another 'dead pixel' appeared towards the middle of the TV. I did some searching online and that lead me to a bunch of posts here about the same type of issue. I called 1-800-Samsung twice and was told my TV was not covered under the recall since my model was not covered?

Model: HL T6176S
Serial: B32T3CKP502058B

Call transaction numbers: 2013534899 and 2013538914

Is there anything that can be done? I spent quite a bit of money on this TV and there is no real way to ignore an artifact that is always in the way. I'm worried more will appear shortly.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Multiplying 'dead pixels' on my Samsung DLP.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Multiplying 'dead pixels' on my Samsung DLP.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Multiplying 'dead pixels' on my Samsung DLP
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 31, 2011 5:24 PM PDT

brfatal,

Collapse -
by bamawilson / June 9, 2011 3:11 AM PDT

I have also been having the same issue for a while now. I now have probably a few hundred dots on mine. I have a HL - T5076S and called Samsung and they said they were not covering my model. They said they were only covering the 75 series which is the previous model to mine. It made no sense to me why they would cover the older model but no the newer version with same issue. They did give me a transaction number #2013583753. I would appreciate any help you might could provide. My TVs info is below.

Model # HL-T5076S
S/N - AHFM3CMP509326W

Thanks,
Adam

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 9, 2011 5:25 AM PDT

bamawilson,

Collapse -
Samsung HL-T4675S White Dead Pixels + "Banding" Issues
by salad_ninja / September 20, 2011 5:20 AM PDT

Having a growing problem with white dead pixels and "banding" on my DLP, it started about 2 months out of my warranty and getting worse. I spoke to Best Buy (where i purchased the DLP) and they want to charge an arm and a leg, I contacted Samsung and they said they might have to charge me : ( please help!

model number: HLT4675sx/xaa
serial number: ahe83ckp300462f

call transaction number 2109145196

Collapse -
Samsung HL-T4675S White Dead Pixels + "Banding" Issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 20, 2011 11:23 AM PDT

salad_ninja -

Collapse -
by saturnalia270 / October 23, 2011 3:49 PM PDT

I'm having this problem as well.. I have hundreds of both black and white dots covering the screen and multiplying daily. Like everyone else, Samsung told me my model isn't covered even though the problem is well documented. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you could provide.
Model # HLT5676SX/XAA
S/N: AHDZ3CKP700832M
Trans # 2109617009
Many, many thanks!

Collapse -
Tip:
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 26, 2011 1:52 PM PDT

There's a new system in place. Use the top post in this forum labeled "SERVICE ISSUES."

Collapse -
Multiplying white dots!!
by SF_CB / January 23, 2012 3:21 PM PST

I'm seeing the same problem (multiplying white dots) on my HLT6756W!

When I purchased the television, I understood that the lamp (~$300) was a replaceable part, but never expected this type of failure which would potentially make the television a throw away so soon!

Is there anything that can be done to help, similar to what has been offered to other forum participants?

Collapse -
The system changed. This old discussion is going away.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 24, 2012 12:17 AM PST
Collapse -
by sean71574 / June 8, 2011 12:59 PM PDT

I am currently having the same problem with my Samsung DLP TV. I noticed one 'pixel' that started to go out about two weeks ago, on the right-hand side of my screen. Since then, I've had another twenty, or so, appear in the same vicinity as the first. I just started researching this and saw your post. I've had my TV for about 4 years now, and never had a problem until now.

Collapse -
Multiplying 'dead pixels' on my Samsung DLP -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 8, 2011 6:38 PM PDT

sean71574,

Collapse -
by brfatal / June 9, 2011 1:35 AM PDT

Last Thursday I got a call saying they would fix it as a courtesy. Yesterday the repair company called me to schedule the appt for fixing the TV. Thanks for all of your help anonymous Samsung hero! Silly

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 9, 2011 5:21 AM PDT

brfatal,

Collapse -
Is this covered?
by RazielPrime1 / October 23, 2011 12:49 AM PDT

Hi Samsung Rep ^_^ I started noticing the "black pixel" problem in the upperleft edge to the top middle edge of my Samsung HL-S6187W. Would you be able to tell me if this is repairable by you guys(I've had the unit for 5 years this month)? Or should I call the phone # first to see if they can help?

Thanks!

Collapse -
Not sure...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 23, 2011 7:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Is this covered?

RazielPrime1,

Collapse -
dead pixels
by saturnalia270 / October 26, 2011 1:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Not sure...

Reposting in hopes of a reply...
I'm having this problem as well.. I have hundreds of both black and white dots covering the screen and multiplying daily. Like everyone else, 800-Samsung told me my model isn't covered even though the problem is well documented. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you could provide.

Model # HLT5676SX/XAA
S/N: AHDZ3CKP700832M
Trans # 2109617009

<div class="inter-pagination collapsable"> </div> <div class="postActions collapsable clearfix clearboth"> </div>

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 27, 2011 4:06 AM PDT
In reply to: dead pixels

saturnalia270,

Collapse -
Samsung DLP 'dead (white) pixels'
by tashabinks / December 21, 2011 8:47 AM PST

About a month ago white dead pixels begin appearing - now up to 29 in a few weeks. Is it even worth considering repairing?

Collapse -
Try the next step.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 21, 2011 8:58 AM PST
Collapse -
Not worth repairing
by mtang69016 / December 21, 2011 10:51 AM PST

Most estimates are coming in north of $500. I will not in good conscience let Samsung make more money off of me on a problem that should never have existed. The issue is with their DMD chip which is guaranteed to fail again within the same time frame. It just isn't wise to fork over at least $500 every couple of years to maintain its functionality.

Collapse -
Samsung DLP 'dead (white) pixels'
by tashabinks / December 22, 2011 1:10 AM PST
In reply to: Not worth repairing

Thank you for your comments.

Collapse -
What I'm seeing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2011 1:17 AM PST
In reply to: Not worth repairing

Is ANY repair is hitting that much in many cities.

It's a sign. Not a good one.

-> It's time for 5 or more year warranties.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.