Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

MS Antispyware 2009 messed up my computer

by duo2max / February 14, 2009 3:43 AM PST

MS Antispyware 2009 got installed in my computer and kept running after every start up so i went to add/remove programs and removed it but I still have some problems. First I cannot run SuperAntispyware I get an error(SuperAntispyware has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience). I can run windows defender for a little while before I get another error (Service executable has encountered a problem and needs to close)Then (Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x800106ba. A problem caused this program's service to stop. To start service, restart your computer or search help and Support for how to start a service manually.) I downloaded the set up for malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on a flash drive and put it on my computer because I can't download anything but when I try to run it nothing happens. Since I can't install it I can't run the program. I tried system restore but when I get to Confirm Restore Point Selection I click next and it does not do anything. I cannot reach folder options nothing happens again. I tried everything in safe mode as well and the same thing happens. When I go online and search about MS antispyware the pages come up blank. Please help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MS Antispyware 2009 messed up my computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MS Antispyware 2009 messed up my computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
MS Antispyware 2009
by Marianna Schmudlach / February 14, 2009 5:10 AM PST

Are you able to END MS AntiSpyware 2009 Processes:

1. Press ?Alt+Ctrl+Delete?, then click on ?Task Manager?. You can also launch the Task Manager instantly if you press Ctrl + Shift + ESC simultaneously. This is much easier than accessing it from Ctrl + Alt + Delete or the taskbar. It works for both Windows XP or Windows Vista.
2. Select the process that you want to stop, then click on ?End Process?.

It?s advised not to stop a system process. Stopping a system process can cause the computer to hang or freeze up.

Look for. one at the time:

MSAntiSpyware2009.exe
MSAS2009.exe

Find and Delete these MS AntiSpyware 2009

1. From Start ?> Search, then click on ?For Files and Folders??
2. From ?What do you want to search for?? list on the left, click on ?All files and folders?
3. Type the filenames on the search box, and choose the ?Local Hard Drives? (normally, it?s C: drive)
4. Click on ?Search?. That?s it!

MSAntiSpyware2009.exe
MSAntiSpyware2009.lnk
MSAS2009.exe
Uninstall MSAntiSpyware2009.lnk

Are now able to install, update and run Malwarebytes AntiMalware?

Collapse -
I tried but...
by duo2max / February 14, 2009 7:40 AM PST
In reply to: MS Antispyware 2009

none of those processes were running and I searched for those files and they came back not found.

Collapse -
Could you pls .have a look, IF you can find......
by Marianna Schmudlach / February 14, 2009 8:01 AM PST
In reply to: I tried but...

Click Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices.

* Scroll down to ?Non-plug and Play Drivers? and click the plus icon to open those drivers.
* Then search for TDSSserv.sys

* If you do find it, right click on it, and select Disable. Do not try to uninstall it.
* Also if this is found and you disable it, then reboot and see if you can run the other scans that would not run.

Collapse -
i looked but i didn't see
by duo2max / February 15, 2009 5:01 AM PST

That file there. I also did a file search for that specific file and it came not found. What else can i do?

Collapse -
Give this a try......
by Marianna Schmudlach / February 15, 2009 5:17 AM PST

You still have Malwarebytes AntiMalware on your computer?

Delete it.

please use a friend's or family member's computer and download the Malwarebytes tool and it's manual update from the link below.. Once downloaded, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Your Name.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive.. Transfer the file to the problem machine, then install the "Your Name.exe" file, then run the update to get the program current.. After that, run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.

Malwarebytes Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)
http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

Malwarebytes Manual Updater link
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe

Does that work now?

Collapse -
I was able to install now but...
by duo2max / February 16, 2009 11:27 PM PST
In reply to: Give this a try......

I cannot run the program. I installed the software and did the manual update just like you said and it went through but when I double click the short cut to malwarebytes I get the hour glass for like a second and then it stops. I tried going to mbam.exe and tried opening the program there but it does the same thing. I also renamed it something else to see if that would help but it did not so i renamed it back to mbam.exe what else can we try?

Collapse -
MBAM
by Marianna Schmudlach / February 16, 2009 11:30 PM PST

Try the following:

If MBAM will not run, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

But make sure to rename it back before you restart your computer, it needs the correct name to run when you restart your computer to complete removal.

Collapse -
Thank you!
by duo2max / February 17, 2009 8:53 AM PST
In reply to: MBAM

thank you thank you thank you. that fixed the problem I was able to run the program and took out all problems and then I was able to run my other programs. I restored my computer to before the problem. thank you so much for your help. Happy

Collapse -
im not undersanding his!!! Please help!
by ttranum / February 23, 2009 3:58 PM PST
In reply to: Thank you!

havin the same problems as duomax2...i guess im not understanding what to do, cause its not working for me!!!

Collapse -
Re: help
by Kees Bakker / February 23, 2009 4:03 PM PST

Tell exactly what you do. And tell exactly what happens.

Kees

Collapse -
MS PAIN!!!
by JC412 / February 23, 2009 10:49 PM PST
In reply to: Re: help

hi this virus is a pain!!!! I did what it stated above but in safe mode because I was unable to do it regularly. rebooted and it seemed to be fine until i got an error message for D2acm0bcj.exe could not be open, click close and then less than a minute blue screen. I rebooted again saw all my desktop icons then got another error message for some similar file stated above. I left it open did the malware scan again detected more files rebooted and now i seem to be working fine now. Now all my anti virus programs spysweeper and super antispyware is all working. Be patient this will take you some time to work on. as i fell asleep last night doing this and continued again this morning good luck. Try installing the program in safe mode it will work.

Collapse -
Question...
by genesisgirl / June 8, 2009 10:03 PM PDT
In reply to: MBAM

Thanks, this worked for me too. But I forgot to change the file name back to mbam.exe before rebooting. Does that mean all the viruses are still there?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.