Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

MRI cd rom help desperately needed!!!

by Loraaf / April 26, 2013 2:29 AM PDT

I just had an MRI done and was given a cd rom. When I try and access it appears empty. When I look at properties however it shows no free space. Has anyone ever encountered this type of issue? Is it simply having the right program in which to open it? Or is it really empty? My husband says it appears to have been burned. Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions! I really don't want to wait a month for my results and while I am no professional, I can at least get an idea of what they will be!!!

computer is an Acer Aspire w/ Windows Vista...not that i think any of that helps Happy If you have any questions let me know. I'm sure I probably left out needed info.

thanks again

Loraaf has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MRI cd rom help desperately needed!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MRI cd rom help desperately needed!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
How are you trying to access it?
by wpgwpg / April 26, 2013 2:38 AM PDT

The last time I read one of those MRI CDs (several years ago), I had to click Start -> Computer, then click on the DVD/CD drive and find the executable program on it. If you've done that and still don't see anything on the disc, you should contact the folks who gave it to you for further info. I don't remember exact details, but I remember it taking a little navigation to get to what I wanted. When you do get it open, you probably won't see anything but X-ray like pictures which often take a radiologist to interpret.
Good luck.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Loraaf

Collapse -
Viewer s/w
by Willy / April 26, 2013 3:50 AM PDT

You need to check to see what files are present on the CD. I suspect once you see there's a file present -OR- if you Vista based system asks you what pgm. to view the file, then you have 1/2 of it licked. In either case, you need the s/w to view the file, and I see since you weren't prompted then checkout the use of VLC s/w. This is a powerful yet free s/w that can pretty much view anything out within reason. If none of this seems to help, then contact the source of where you got the file to see what it takes to view it. The other free and available s/w that also can view any file is Irfanview should it be needed. I hope this helps and please report back any results.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
by Loraaf / April 26, 2013 7:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Viewer s/w

Problem is there are not any files listed? Any ideas!

Collapse -
Thank you all!!
by Loraaf / April 27, 2013 1:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Viewer s/w

My husband brought his laptop home and the cd worked perfectly. Obviously my pc isn't equipped to handle it!!!! Thanks again!!!

Collapse -
Try it in another computer
by Steven Haninger / April 26, 2013 9:05 AM PDT

If it still doesn't work, I'd say it's defective. Most of these include an executable and an autorun feature. In any event, your results won't be on the disk. The images are interpreted by a radiologist who completes a report of his/her findings and impressions. These reports can be scary and are done in doctor speak. If you don't speak the language, you won't understand much of the report either. That's why it usually goes to your family physician or the doctor treating you such as an oncologist, neurologist or orthopedist.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.