Headphones & Mp3 Players

General discussion

MP3 player has bookmarking and bluetooth?

by pattersonmimi / December 16, 2009 11:15 AM PST

Tell me there an MP3 player that can bookmark and has Bluetooth. All the Creative MP3 players I've owned (Nano ZenV Mosaic) have great bookmarking capibilites but no bluetooth. I hate all the cords. I'm hooked on audiobooks--Audible, Netlibrary, Overdrive you name it so bookmarking is a must. I love the bluetooth feature on my Dell and iPhone. Though I've searched, I haven't found one yet. There must ba a bluetooth enabled MP3 with very good bookmarking somewhere. Any ideas?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MP3 player has bookmarking and bluetooth?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MP3 player has bookmarking and bluetooth?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cowon S9
by make_or_break / December 16, 2009 4:14 PM PST

Don't have one so I don't know how good it is (I've heard and read complaints over its UI, but it's supposed to be one sweet sounding device). Was one of the devices I did cursory research on before I bought my Sony X1061, and I remember reading that it has Bluetooth 2.0. Also I recall that it handles Audible audiobooks and can bookmark, though again with no hands-on I haven't a clue at how well it does any of this.

You should probably download the manual from Cowon and check for yourself.

Collapse -
I'll check Sony X1061
by pattersonmimi / December 16, 2009 9:38 PM PST
In reply to: Cowon S9

Good point about quality of the bluetooth and bookmarking. I'ts one thing to offer the features, another that the features produce excellent results.

Collapse -
MP3 player w/bookmarks and bluetooth
by phhill3 / July 16, 2013 3:37 AM PDT
In reply to: I'll check Sony X1061

Pattersonmimi,

I'm looking for exactly that. Did you ever find anything that worked for you? I've had wonderful experiences with my circa 2008 Creative ZEN, but their new models don't even have bookmarks. Also, I don't like things that start with "i"
Patrick

Collapse -
And what we have today.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 16, 2013 3:51 AM PDT

Since we have seen the end or near demise of the MP3 player I moved on to that i device as well as use an Android player. Since there are apps that can replace the player, if you can't stand the stock player, you can find something else. Currently have the GoGear and may get some samsung thing if that fails.
Bob

This thread is more than 1307 days old.

Collapse -
MP3 player w/bookmarks and bluetooth by phhill3
by phhill3 / July 16, 2013 7:41 AM PDT

Bob,
Thanks for that info. Is the GoGear (I'd never heard of them/it) an android device? Is GoGear the manufacturer?
Patrick

Collapse -
I googled that to find out.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 17, 2013 3:28 AM PDT
https://www.google.com/search?q=gogear and here the first 4 hits answer this I think.

I'm encountering folk that get annoyed at such research but since I don't sell or represent any MP3 maker I thought I'd share what I moved to.

I've seen discussions about folk that want this with that and only if it has it with the other thing but never use that or in other words, they build a list that might result in nothing out there today. For me, this works so I shared.
Bob

This thread is more than 1308 days old.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.