1. How exactly do you try to move them (command prompt, cut/paste, drag and drop)?
2. Can you COPY them (instead of MOVE)? Use drag and drop.
3. What filesystem (NTFS, FAT32) is used on the Windows 8 laptop?
4. What is the full and exact message? To check that you write it correct, try googling it (with quotes around it). If no hits, there's probably a typo in it?
5. How big is that file exactly (in bytes, not in gigabytes)?
I have some movies that are around 4GB and in WMV format. I have them on my desktop computer (Win7) and I placed one on my 64 GB flash drive to put onto my laptop (win 8)that has 1 terrabyte HD. I got a message saying "too large to move" and would not let me place it on the laptop.
Now with the laptop having a terrabyte, and the flash drive having 64 GB there should be no problem. I tried this with some movies that are under 4BG and they are able to move with no problem.
These are my own movies that I want to burn on the laptop using the double layer DVD. Any suggestions?