The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Moving on to one day a week

by mollywood CNET staff / January 14, 2009 6:15 AM PST

Hey, all --

It seems like everybody already knows this, but I felt like I owed this community a longer explanation of what's happening with Buzz Out Loud. The official "news" is that I am moving from a daily host of BOL to a once-a-week host, probably on Mondays. I will, of course, be available to the crew whenever they need a fill-in, but the fabulous and wonderful Natali Del Conte will be taking over my daily-host duties.

This was a very hard decision for me, and I know it's dramatic. It's not because of anything "official" or CBS-related -- I want you guys to know that I'm not like, going off to become a CBS anchor or anything like that. I am just, personally, ready for a change, and I'm hoping to give more attention to the Buzz Report (and yes, to be more available for any "Amazing Race" host duties that might crop up). As you can imagine, doing a daily show is a HUGE commitment -- it is essentially a half-time job, and it's gotten to be too much for me to try to fit another full-time job into the time remaining.

I hope you can understand, and I really can't stress enough how much I love the Buzz community and this show. I have learned so much that I didn't know about the power of community online, and I will always take those lessons with me. Plus, I WILL still be a part of Buzz Out Loud -- just a smaller part.

I'll be on every day this week, on vacation next week, and we'll start up the Monday schedule (Mad Molly Mondays!) on January 26 -- lunar New Year! How appropriate!

Once again, thank you guys so much for your understanding, your passion for the show, your lessons, and your contributions. I hope I'll always remain part of this BOL family.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Moving on to one day a week
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Moving on to one day a week
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I knew it!
by cprincipe / January 14, 2009 6:21 AM PST

Molly is Steve Jobs' secret doctor.

Collapse -
Wow, will be missed, but understandable
by Vance14 / January 14, 2009 6:22 AM PST

Molly, you have earned the right to shift things around a bit. All we need to do is teach Nat how to rant a bit more . . .

Collapse -
Good luck!
by hollyhock / January 14, 2009 6:23 AM PST

Thanks for the more formal note... I'd seen in on Twitter but I think it'll be helpful for people to find this news in more than one place.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever this becomes. Sometimes we all need a change. I'll miss hearing you each day on BOL but look forward to your other projects.

Keep on buzzing!

Collapse -
We'll keep the light on for you.
by damanivu / January 14, 2009 6:25 AM PST

Thank you so much for your your contributions to BOL. Will watch the Buzz Report on my AppleTV. We'll keep the light on for you. **Raising Pint of Beer** Cheers Molly.

Collapse -
Good Luck!
by PacGamer / January 14, 2009 6:26 AM PST

Of course it is sad to see this happen, but whatever your plans are, we wish you the best of luck with this new year ahead of us. We hope your plans are successful.

Collapse -
Sad day...
by tlj101010 / January 14, 2009 6:27 AM PST

If I was a tween, I would response like these American Idol fans:

NDC as a replacement just doesn't feel right. She's too.. nice. We'll see I guess... I need cynicism, not unwarranted love for potential advertisers.

Tom: You best not be going anywhere anytime soon. I don't want to see another post like this in a week saying it will now be BOL with Natalie, Brian Tong, and Jason...

Jason: Is this because it was too hot in the studio today? Did Molly's circuits get fried? She's a robot, after all, right?

Collapse -
(NT) that youtube clip is HILARIOUS! thx :)
by shawnlin / January 14, 2009 10:02 AM PST
In reply to: Sad day...
Collapse -
One good thing about Mondays
by nelsondr / January 14, 2009 6:28 AM PST

While I'm sad to see you cut back on your contributions to BOL, this just means you'll be brightening an otherwise depressing day of the week.

Collapse -
We'll miss you Molly!
by skimike4 / January 14, 2009 6:28 AM PST

I can't wait to see your new role on the Young and the Restless. Wink They must have heard about your professional ranting skills.

Seriously, Molly Rant Mondays will be awesome to start off the week, I will say that.

Collapse -
So long and thanks for all the fish...
by ZombieZone / January 14, 2009 6:30 AM PST

Good luck in all your future endeavors, Molly. We'll miss you. 4 days a week.

Collapse -
You will be missed.
by Dawgfanclark / January 14, 2009 6:32 AM PST

Just wanted to drop a note in response to your annoucement.

I have listened to and still listen to quite a few podcasts as I have a commute that is an hour each way (not to mention gym/running time) and I have come across few that compare in quality, content and entertainment like that of Buzz Out Loud. That ol' geezer TWiT show ain't got nothing on BOL!! Happy

I have been a listener of BOL for what seems to be over two years now (back in the Veronica days) and BOL has alwayws been my choice of podcast to start my day. Everyone can get the news that is reported on an RSS feed or by spending some time on a few sites here and there but that isn't why we listen to BOL. I can't speak for everyone but I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of us listen for the personalities that are Buzz Out Loud. The core crew of Tom, Molly and Jason have, in my opinion, made Buzz Out Loud one of the best shows to listen to for not only tech news but for personalities that mesh so well with the content.

Thank you Molly for so, so many great episodes and rants. We understand your reasons for leaving and will miss you on the days that you are not on the show but I am sure that many of us understand your reasons for making a change.

Just wanted to say thanks,

Dawgfan @ Twitter

Collapse -
by Dawgfanclark / January 14, 2009 6:35 AM PST
In reply to: You will be missed.

I tried to find a place to edit my post (but couldn't) as I found a few spelling errors and WE KNOW HOW UPSET Molly gets..... oops.

Collapse -
You will be missed
by Raframakers / January 14, 2009 8:11 AM PST
In reply to: You will be missed.

I whole heartedly agree with everything you said, I just could'nt put it
into words like you did, thanks for expressing all my feelings about Molly going to only 1 day a week. I have been a listener since the Veronica days also and I think along with you that there is no better podcast and chemistry than on BOL.

Collapse -
we'll miss you!
by alightled / January 14, 2009 6:34 AM PST

I have been listening since you were within your first 100 episode. You have been a daily part of my tech-life, however, I am actaully surprised by how much shock I just felt when i read that I won't hear you on a daily basis. We will sorely miss your insights, frank comments, and last but not least the awesome Molly-Rants! But, life must go on. I'll just have to get the extra fill of Molly from your other shows.

Collapse -
by calvord / January 15, 2009 6:18 AM PST
In reply to: we'll miss you!

Molly we'll miss you loads

"Molly is Steve Jobs' secret doctor"

i lol'd sooooo hard at that!!

Collapse -
We'll miss having you around Molly
by JohnTheTechGuy / January 14, 2009 6:36 AM PST

Hey Molly,

It's been a real treat listening to you over the past 3 years. So sorry that we won't get to hear you every day any more. Good luck with all of your new endeavours and responsibilities.

Also, 26 January is Australia Day! Woohoo! I know how much you guys love Australians, and how much Tom wants to be one. Silly

Collapse -
by wizkids32 / January 14, 2009 6:38 AM PST

You will be missed Molly I guess I have Buzz Report and you on the Twitter.

Collapse -
Wishing you the very best
by jcast77 / January 14, 2009 6:39 AM PST

Hello Molly!

Although we'll be missing you, it will be great to have you with us on Mondays. I wish you the very best in all of the opportunities that await you. Although it may have been a hard decision, it is certainly understandable. You go, girl, and have fun!!! Happy

Collapse -
by dougwalk / January 14, 2009 6:49 AM PST

Dear Molly,

Thanks for all the 5 day a week fun. You are gonna have to cram a bunch in one show a week. Please *save the last rant for me*! (That's how the song goes, right? Be well, be happy!

dougwalk in livermore

Collapse -
More Mad Molly Mondays
by Fe1d / January 14, 2009 7:01 AM PST

Mailbag prediction: "I love that new guest host from Mad Molly Mondays. Wouldn't it be so awesome if she were on BOL every day? Just an idea, but I think a really good one. Can I get a SSWA? LTS, kthnxbai"

Collapse -
Good luck with the change!
by smikwily / January 14, 2009 7:21 AM PST

This is going to be another adjustment, but this won't be near as drastic as my usual podcasts disappearing completely. Granted, most of them are returning outside the usual loop, but still. A regular part of the week "changed".

It will be good to have you around still, Molly. I know what it is to feel like you have that weight on your shoulders and finally breaking down and forcing yourself to take a breather. We'll see you weekly though Happy

And for the record: I have apparently been a CNet member since Dec 2001 and this is my first post, so try to feel a little special, k?

Collapse -
Good luck, and thanks for all the rants!
by FusedArtist / January 14, 2009 7:26 AM PST

It's the end of an era, an awesome one, but the beginning of a new one that will be just as good - you'll still be here one day a week, and Natali is already a fave (maybe too much so...) of the BOL family.

It's sad, and happy! I'm happy you're going on to bigger and better things, but it's sad you won't be there to help us get through another dull day in our cubicles.

We feel like we know you - of course we'll be upset that you're going away to college! Do you have enough money? You have your cell? Call us every night! Our little girl is all growed up and moving...

Thanks for the years of entertainment, opinion, and best of all - an infectious laugh and the awesome rants - and here's to many more! You rock Molly, and I know I'm interested in what you might have cooking! I'll be there on Mondays, of course, ready for you to rip some silly CEO another one!

Your fan, one of many,

PS - if you leave Gadgettes, we're totally breaking up.

Collapse -
by firestarter / January 14, 2009 7:33 AM PST

i will miss you molly but at least we will have gadgettes so im still happy.

Collapse -
Now THIS is change I really don't want to believe in!
by erier2003 / January 14, 2009 7:35 AM PST
In reply to: noooooooooooooo

But I understand that all good things must come to an end. I wish you the best of luck Molly, and I look forward to now-extra-special Mondays with the rantiest podcaster around.

Collapse -
Survivor CES ?
by techdribble / January 14, 2009 7:38 AM PST

I will miss hearing you everyday but know JaNaTo will carry on the fine traditon that is BOL. As others have said it will actually make Monday something to look forward to. Best of luck in your new endevours and expect to see you hosting Survivor CES Happy

Collapse -
by pickindude / January 14, 2009 7:44 AM PST

Ricardo Montalban passes away, Steve Jobs goes on leave, and now this?!?! My geek world can only take so much!

In all seriousness, thank you for all your hard work Molly. I'll miss the daily rants.

Ben from Fresno
(a Macfanboy)

Collapse -
Wish I'd found the show sooner...
by jimmyt22 / January 14, 2009 7:55 AM PST

I've only been listening for about a year-and-a-half...sad that I missed out on all those years' worth of Molly Rants. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours, and I'm really looking forward to seeing you pop up in other places. Years from now, I'll be saying "Yeah, I used to chat with Molly in a daily forum, before she became the host of the CBS Evening News." You'd better watch it, Katie...Molly's on her way. ; )

Collapse -
I may wish every day was Monday
by Trout_Dexter / January 14, 2009 8:01 AM PST

Molly, so sad you can't be on BOL every day, but totally understand why you are doing it. There are times when we all need to evaluate our commitments, and if anything is just too much...

Looking forward to Mondays like never before!

Collapse -
BOL switch
by Raframakers / January 14, 2009 8:06 AM PST

Molly, whatever this is leading to I wish you all the best. I really
enjoy your rants and laughter and all the contributions you have made to
BOL. I hope this is not goodbye, but just hello to Molly rants only on

(Long time listener first time posting in the forums)

Collapse -
by Doug in L.A. / January 14, 2009 8:27 AM PST

I'll miss the double entendres in the show synopsis, the daily dose of Wood wit and passion for tech, and the occasional sense that Molly was possibly one brief "I-like-being-employed"-awareness moment from breaking into a string of expletives worthy of a Richard Pryor performance--depending on the rant level.

But this isn't "goodbye"; it's "Good Lord, we may be getting more Buzz Report"!

Looking forward to it.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.