Best of luck,
I am running Windows XP (home) and MSN 9.
I have established a second account and I would like to transfer all (about 500) of the favorites from the existing account to the new account or to Internet Explorer where they can easily be exported to the new account. The 500 favorites are not currently in IE. I can't find a way to export favorites in MSN. I would appreciate any help. JOE
1. To import MSN Explorer favorites for Internet Explorer, the "MSN Favorites Export Toolkit" (msnfav.zip - 2k) can be downloaded from this link.
2. Occasionally, the XSL tranformation of the MSN document may fail. This is due to special characters not handled correctly by MSXML. We are currently investigating this problem. If you encounter such difficulties, please e-mail us your favorites.xml file. The process may also fail if you have an older version of MSXML, in which case you can update. "Download" and install either Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 SP 4 or Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (preferred choice).
Hi Cowboy- I can't locate my favorites.xml file. I tried searching my 'C' drive checking all the appropriate boxes but I get no matches. Perhaps the problem is that I have a really large Favorites file - in excess of 500 (?) URLs. I also downloaded the "Toolkit" and the "Microsoft XML Core Service Pack 2". However, I am not sure how to handle them. Sorry to be such a dufuss. Can you help? JOE
For Windows XP, you can also copy & paste Favorites links from your old user account to a new user account:
1. Go to My Computer, C:\ drive, open Documents and Settings
2. Open your old user account folder and open "Favorites" folder
3. Press CTRL-A to select all IE Favorites Links in the "Favorites" folder, and press CTRL-C to copy
4. Now back down to "Documents and Settings" folder and open to your new user account.
5. Open "Favorites" folder, then press CTRL-V to paste your Favorites links, if prompted to overwrite existing links; just click "Yes To All".
Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?
CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.