Laptops forum

Question

Mouse Issues with Windows 7 HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv7

by Zenniful / May 7, 2013 10:20 AM PDT

Hey guys,

I've been having this problem for about 2 days now. At random moments for extended periods of time, my mouse clicks will simply not respond in correct ways. Sometimes it will just simply not click at all (neither the right or the left clicker will respond), sometimes it will automatically click for me (both left and right at different times), and other times it will right click when I try to left click. My scroll works perfectly, it's just that at random moments my mouse will not respond appropriately.

I've found that sometimes if I right click multiple times, it will enable me to start clicking again.

And this is not a mouse problem, it's my laptop. This will happen with my mouse and my mouse pad/touch pad.

I also found that if I go to a new window via alt+tab, it will enable me to use my mouse again, but it rarely happens.

Please help if you can

Thanks,
Zenniful

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mouse Issues with Windows 7 HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mouse Issues with Windows 7 HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Does it do this with another OS?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 7, 2013 10:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
What's UBUNTU?
by Zenniful / May 7, 2013 11:22 AM PDT

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to try it now, but what is UBUNTU?

Thanks and sorry for the stupid question.

Collapse -
Ubuntu is a Linux based OS
by wpgwpg / May 7, 2013 11:40 AM PDT
In reply to: What's UBUNTU?

You can download Ubuntu from http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop and put it on a DVD or flash drive, boot from it, and examine your hard drive and/or copy your data to a backup device. It's a handy thing to have in case of an emergency even if you don't use it often.
`
Good luck.

Collapse -
Still does not work
by Zenniful / May 8, 2013 10:46 AM PDT

I tried both of the things, none worked.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please help. This is really irritating.

Thanks in advanced,
Zenniful

Collapse -
If the other OS failed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 8, 2013 1:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Still does not work

Then the hardware has a problem. I know HP will have you reload the OS so be sure what you can't lose is not on this PC.

Since the test failed, it needs repair.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
If it is a USB mouse check

the batteries.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.