Laptops forum

Question

Mouse Cursor Keep Flashes even system in Idle

by tpazeem / October 9, 2012 4:45 AM PDT

Hey,My System is Toshiba Satellite A110-195, Windows XP Professional-SP3, 32 bit, 1.73 GHz and 2 GB of RAM, Windows Security Essentials & Avast anti-virus.My mouse cursor keep flashes (normal icon) even system in Idle, if press Ctrl or Esc button it will stop for a while, I thought its happening because of virus and re-installed XP but still same, however I changed HD and installed XP and I noticed that the cursor keep blinking during installation.Any ideas on why this is happening? I have seen lots of posts tried every possible solution available on internet forums.There is no problem if am using Linux version with USB or CD.There is no virus found after full scan.I uninstalled & installed mouse driver.In Control Panel adjusted the speed of Mouse and enhance pointer precision. I check in the Task Manager what Processes are going on, here find the below that.

svchost.exe = 6 nos. (Local Service 2, System 2,Network Service 2) )MsMpEng.exe = Systemexplorer.exe = useravastUI.exr = userspoolsv.exe = SystemNBService.exe = SystemAvastSvc.exe = Systemcsrss.exe = SystemWinlogon.exe = Systemalg.exe = Local Serviceaqlwrite.exe = systemTctrlIoHook.exe = UserIgfxtray.exe = UserServices.exe = SystemCrypserv.exe = Systemctfmon.exe = UserTPTray.exe = Userigfxpers.exe = Userhkcmd.exe = Usermscorsvw.exe = systemTPSBattM.exe = Userwscnfy.exe = UserIssass.exe = systemsqlservr.exe = Network servicesmss.exe = SystemSystem Idle process = System (CPU 80-99, mem usage 16 k)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mouse Cursor Keep Flashes even system in Idle
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mouse Cursor Keep Flashes even system in Idle
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Question again clearly
by tpazeem / October 9, 2012 4:49 AM PDT

Hey,

My System is Toshiba Satellite A110-195, Windows XP Professional-SP3, 32 bit, 2 GB of RAM, Windows Security Essentials & Avast anti-virus.

My mouse cursor keep flashes (normal icon) even system in Idle, if press Ctrl or Esc button it will stop for a while, I thought its happening because of virus and re-installed XP but still same, however I changed HD and installed XP and I noticed that the cursor keep blinking during installation.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I have seen lots of posts tried every possible solution available on internet forums.

There is no problem if am using Linux version with USB or CD.
There is no virus found after full scan.
I uninstalled & installed mouse driver.
In Control Panel adjusted the speed of Mouse and enhance pointer precision.
I check in the Task Manager what Processes are going on, here find the below that.
svchost.exe = 6 nos. (Local Service 2, System 2,Network Service 2) )
MsMpEng.exe = System
explorer.exe = user
avastUI.exr = user
spoolsv.exe = System
NBService.exe = System
AvastSvc.exe = System
csrss.exe = System
Winlogon.exe = System
alg.exe = Local Service
aqlwrite.exe = system
TctrlIoHook.exe = User
Igfxtray.exe = User
Services.exe = System
Crypserv.exe = System
ctfmon.exe = User
TPTray.exe = User
igfxpers.exe = User
hkcmd.exe = User
mscorsvw.exe = system
wscnfy.exe = User
Issass.exe = systems
qlservr.exe = Network services
mss.exe = System
TPSBattM.exe = User
System Idle process = System (CPU 80-99, mem usage 16 k)

Collapse -
Answer
It's a common issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 9, 2012 7:17 AM PDT

With some thousand causes. Since it's a XP install I can only guess if you know the pain of that install.

For example did you get all the 10 or more drivers and apps? I don't have an example of this for Tosh but one for a HP at the following link.
http://forums.cnet.com/7726-7587_102-2699006.html

I find the folk rarely have their XP plan in writing.
Bob

Collapse -
Mouse Cursor Blinking
by tpazeem / October 9, 2012 2:40 PM PDT
In reply to: It's a common issue.

Hey Mr. Bob, I Didnt Understand what u said.

Collapse -
In that case.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2012 2:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Mouse Cursor Blinking

This may not be the OS for you. That is, when I gave an example of how to properly install XP you replied that it was not understandable.

That's OK. Microsoft and the industry never corrected this issue so that an average Joe can install XP without a lot of planning.

Time to move on. Ask those that support you (shop, friends, etc.) to install XP properly for you.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.