Phones forum

General discussion

Motorola RAZR V3xx displaying "invalid battery"

by dooder123 / January 27, 2008 2:51 AM PST

The cell phone is only 10 months old, babied, never wet or dropped. It started intermittently now it's full time. Can't find any help from AT&T either on e-mail or phone. Wifes phone (duplicate) working fine, bought same time. I see from a Google search that others have similar problems without resolve. Help

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Motorola RAZR V3xx displaying "invalid battery"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Motorola RAZR V3xx displaying "invalid battery"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by birdmantd Forum moderator / January 27, 2008 8:33 AM PST

Try this first. Since your wife has the same type handset, try swapping batteries to verify if it is the phone or the battery.

Collapse -
MotoRAZR v3xx displaying "invalid battery"
by dooder123 / January 27, 2008 9:01 PM PST
In reply to: suggestion

Tried changing battery with wife's phone that was no help.
My neighbor has same phone and swapping with his battery corrected the problem. Confirm same battery numbers. Taking to AT&T store today and let them decide if it is just battery or phone or both.
Thanks for you suggestion.

Collapse -
answer to problem
by dooder123 / January 28, 2008 12:45 AM PST

AT&T store did a hard reboot. Take out the battery while the phone is on (this is important) as this proceedure will NOT work with the phone "off". Wait about 15 seconds replace battery and turn on phone. It was explained to me that this hard reboot is necessary every so often and is an indication that your battery may be on it's way if you have to do it more than once a week.
Phone is working perfectly now. Too bad this info is not in the manual as it should be and the AT&T stores agrees.

Collapse -
Solved the problem!!
by dstan7695 / February 18, 2009 11:25 PM PST

I was having this same problem and noticed that when I dropped the phone a while ago that it did the same weird thing with the screen that it does when I try to charge it. So I came to the conclusion that the problem all stems from one thing. The battery compartment in the back is not holding the battery contacts tight enough to the phone contacts and it is losing charge. A common problem with electric current 'arcing' so to speak, just on a smaller scale. This could damage your phone. Watch out, Motorola may get sued over this one. To solve the problem, I used a piece of a paper clip and wedged it inbetween the top of the battery and one of it's plastic support braces to keep it snug and put the back back on and it is charging great. Good luck!

Collapse -
Oh and BTW
by dstan7695 / February 18, 2009 11:44 PM PST
In reply to: Solved the problem!!

anyone who was helped by this and saved lots of money by not having to buy and new phone can send me one dollar to my paypal account at I could use it. lol. Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.