Phones forum

General discussion

Motorola i355 gps tracking

by ttimbo / August 1, 2007 10:22 AM PDT

Hi there, my work has just issued each employee a motorola 'MIKE' I355 with a gps tracking system in it. We were not made aware of its tracking capabilities by the company i work for and some of us are feeling violated by this. Is there a way to remove the tracking device from the phone or jam the signal?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Motorola i355 gps tracking
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Motorola i355 gps tracking
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Seems There SHOULD Be!!!
by TuffKitten / August 5, 2007 12:58 AM PDT

It seems there should be but my gut tells me the only way to do that is to have two simm cards... one you go out and purchase for yourself and pop it into the phone when you are using it for personal reasons OR are talking an "informal sabbatical" from work.

Pop out the company's simm card and leave it somewhere like between page 800 and 801 of a 1600 page phone book (where signal can't reach it) and take phone with.

My BF got one of those phones for his little girl who is entering teenagehood and he's going to track her whereabouts with his puter... not to snoop his buns off but to make sure she doesn't go down the wrong path.

Adult tracking raises a whole diff. issue.

I could figure out how to do it with a Nokia, which I'm familiar with but not another brand.

That feature would irritate the P out of me too. I want to get my little white dog lojacked/GPS'd! But I don't think it's happening!

Is it a locked phone that was programmed through a service provider????? If not you can definitely change it. If so, the personal simm card swap is all I can think of. BTW... you don't have to subscribe to get a card. Just get a gophone simm card.

Collapse -
Tracker
by Southern-Thang / December 8, 2012 8:47 AM PST

Hi guys, I'm trying to track my husband and check his call log.. He is always late coming home after work then lies and said he had to stay on the job and do something!! Not counting DELETING his incoming and outgoing calls!! Anyone have any suggestions that would help me track his i355 and check his call log for that day?? Sad plz help been with this man for 25 yrs.. And I want to know his lies!! Thank you to anyone who can suggest what I can do!

Collapse -
Some suggestions
by birdmantd Forum moderator / December 8, 2012 9:38 AM PST
In reply to: Tracker

1. Next time, start a new thread instead of adding on to a 5 year old thread.

2. Go online to view the account, to view the call logs. He can't prevent a detail of when calls were made, only making it difficult to see blocked caller ID's.

3. It is considered illegal to track persons like you asked in most states without a court order.

4. What you are asking makes you sound like a stalker, rather than a concerned spouse.

You are better off hiring a private investigator than trying to ask how to on the internet.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.