Android forum

General discussion

Moto x and airplane mode

by sethm1 / October 18, 2013 2:00 AM PDT

The sleep function on the moto x does not turn off mobile data nor does it turn off recvg calls.
I have tried various schedulers from the Google play Store.

Is there any way to schedule Airplane mode OR am I stuck to physically turning on airplane mode via the hard button?

Thx.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Moto x and airplane mode
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Moto x and airplane mode
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you try an app for that?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 18, 2013 2:36 AM PDT

Every Android I've had access to allowed me to drop an app on the screen to control this. The problem as I see it is that many new android owners are lost and there is no manual.
Bob

Collapse -
Moto x and airplane mode
by sethm1 / October 18, 2013 4:57 AM PDT

I have tried a number of apps - that include a scheduler function. But my phone still rings.

There is a built in sleep mode with the new Motorola droids (& moto x) - but very limited. I would like to think its useful for someone - but it's not me.

Collapse -
So it rings in Airplane mode?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 18, 2013 4:58 AM PDT

That's a defect. Make an appointment with the carrier.
Bob

Collapse -
So it rings in airplane mode ?
by sethm1 / October 18, 2013 4:11 PM PDT

No - when sleep is enabled. Should not sleep be sleep?
Motos sleep at least can be set to a schedule unlike airplane mode.
Sleep function new to the Motorola line.

Collapse -
There was a discussion
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2013 1:47 AM PDT

About getting more battery life by causing Android to sleep so the apps and such would not run but the phone would still work. Sounds like they got it to work but forgot to explain what it does to the owners.
Bob

Collapse -
Go to dealer
by John_Farrel / October 20, 2013 6:34 PM PDT

I probably suggest you to go to dealer and seek advice ! such defects can be solved by the authorized dealers. In the mean time i'll be working to solve Plain this problem and will advice you if i came up with a perfect solution. ShockedShocked

Collapse -
Go to dealer
by sethm1 / October 21, 2013 5:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Go to dealer

Jessica - yes that is my plan.

Collapse -
Moto x and airplane mode
by apsara1 / October 20, 2013 9:45 PM PDT

Hi..
This mode is very useful to me...Thanks for posting

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.