PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Motherboard upgrade for eMachines T6212

by djsung815 / December 12, 2006 10:13 PM PST

Can anyone recommend a good but inexpensive motherboard upgrade for eMachines T6212 desktop? I believe the OEM motherboard is a MS-7093. Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Motherboard upgrade for eMachines T6212
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Motherboard upgrade for eMachines T6212
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Rarely done. Here's why.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 12, 2006 10:36 PM PST

Besides the hardware issues, the OS usually fails to activate so the owner may be hit with yet another 100+ buck upgrade fee on top of learning that the POWER SUPPLY and RAM can't be used.

What I also find is that if we visit the machine as a whole sometimes we can get by with the usual 1G RAM and a nice video card to tide it over till the next machine.

Bob

Collapse -
Power supply not working?
by SirDoctorK / August 18, 2011 8:52 AM PDT

Could you explain why the power supply likely won't work? I have this machine and am seriously considering upgrading the motherboard, CPU, and RAM. All the information I can get will be useful.
Thanks

Collapse -
Please start a new discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 18, 2011 8:56 AM PDT

This one is over 5 years old and was not about why the power supply was an issue but the motherboard.

Folk re-discover what happens when they change the motherboard so let's close this very old discussion so you can start a new discussion with all the missing details.
Bob

Collapse -
Variables...
by Willy / December 13, 2006 2:03 AM PST

ATX based mtrbds. are available provided the physical sizing isn't an issue. You can install a small mtrbd. that allows mounting posts to be used provided you understand all that. Otherwise, remove any possible posts that may 'short-out' the mtrbd., because they don't get used an/or are in the way. All-in-all there are alot of varibles but you can get by with the offering out there in the small factor ATX size as long as the slots align up to the ports/holes, etc.. Sorry, I can't be more specific but that's the nature of the problem. Don't forget replacing the psu(higher wattage and quality) plus if required if a top of the line cpu, cooling setup as well as the whole system how it cooled in the past may need to be upgraded. If you can handle all that, look at MicroStar mtrbds. which your old one appears to be then look at others. I strongly suggest you shy awy from PCChips, DFI, and ECS mtrbds. while great in price aren't always helpful or long lasting, IMHO. Considering all the time and effort add a few $$$ more and just go for the generic case, etc. and then build a system that way, you'll be better served.

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.