General discussion

MooSoft's The Cleaner 2012

by zeebell / April 4, 2011 2:41 AM PDT

Dell Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7500 Computer
Inspirion 545s 00
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
6GB Memory
750GB Hard Drive

Just received MooSoft's The Cleaner 2012. Is this something I want (LOL)?

I already use Malwarebytes, Super AntiSpyware, Windows Defender, Spybot, and Spyware -- and AVAST (the latest and greatest).

Is this worthwhile for Windows 7?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MooSoft's The Cleaner 2012
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MooSoft's The Cleaner 2012
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Where from?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 4, 2011 2:49 AM PDT

Received from where Julea?

It is listed at Download.com here; http://download.cnet.com/The-Cleaner-2012/3000-8022_4-10915400.html?tag=mncol;1

But I see it is a 'free to try', (REAL-time scan and task scheduler disabled), $19.95 to buy

With what you have already I don't see you need any other utilities. It is another anti-malware scanner but you are well covered already.

I would be interested to know how you received it though.

Collapse -
It is a legit program but it is
by roddy32 / April 4, 2011 3:06 AM PDT

not free and sometimes they don't update the defs for a couple of weeks, sometimes longer.
They USED to have a free version but stopped that about a year ago.You don't need it IMO Julea.

Collapse -
I used It Years Ago, But Stopped
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 4, 2011 6:48 AM PDT

Tools like Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, and Hitman seem better options for my type of removal tasks.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
by bhringer / April 4, 2011 9:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks to all who replied
by zeebell / April 4, 2011 9:42 AM PDT
In reply to: GOTD

Well, first off, I forgot to click the Track this post, so when I return, I have lots of answers (LOL). I do like that feature though and normally use it. Guess I was in a hurry (LOL).

I appreciate all the responses and have decided against it based on some of the above info -- I figured with all that I already have, knowing already it works great for me, and not having any computer problems anyway, why did I really need it.

As fra as how I got it -- I sign up some time ago for "Give Away of the Day.' I have often wondered if this is even worthwhile, as I've not really found anything that interested me to download and try. A friend sent me the email from whoever sponsors this plan as she said it was a super deal.

Well, I'm not so sure. When looking at the MooSoft utility -- it ways on the "unpaid" version, there are no future updates. So, what good is that!!! At least with MBAM, Super AntiSpyware, and the other programs I mentioned, they do provide the updates - free - and that I like.

I know I know what I think of Give Away of the Day now (LOLOL). Are any of familiar with this and does it have anything good about it?

Collapse -
by zeebell / April 4, 2011 9:43 AM PDT
In reply to: GOTD

What does that mean, or do I want to know?

Collapse -
DUH -- I got
by zeebell / April 4, 2011 3:11 PM PDT
In reply to: GOTD???

Giveaway of the Day (LOL). I used to work for the government who was acronym crazy, and I couldn't even figure this one out, until the lightbulb went on.

Collapse -
Well I would 'never' have got that.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 4, 2011 8:56 PM PDT
In reply to: DUH -- I got

Collapse -
by bhringer / April 5, 2011 5:16 AM PDT
In reply to: DUH -- I got

Occassionaly some noteworthy software(Easus, Paragon)or something specific to your needs may be offered, but always without support and updates. One useful exception was Process Lasso although the most noticeable differencein the free and paid versions was lack of Activation/Purchase "nag" screen. GGOTD(Game Giveaway of the Day)
on weekends provides some entertaining games should that interest you. The best part of both sites is the vast number of user comments and support therein.

Collapse -
by zeebell / April 5, 2011 10:11 AM PDT
In reply to: GOTD II

Thanks bhringer for your response.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.