Computer Help forum

General discussion

Monitor Out of Range Whats is this?

by Yirzm4 / June 5, 2007 10:37 PM PDT

Hi! I get this massage when i connect my monitor.
ATTENTION
OUT OF RANGE
H:68.6KHz V:84.9Hz
Its a Philips Monitor 105 G7. 17 inch
Can any one help any tip?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Monitor Out of Range Whats is this?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Monitor Out of Range Whats is this?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Monitor Out of Range Whats is this?
by the_one60 / June 18, 2007 6:30 AM PDT

It means your system display card settings are too high for your monitor. Boot your system into safe mode and set the display settings lower. Right mouse button click on an empty space on your desktop and go to properties. Then settings->advanced and you should be able to adjust the vertical frequency down to 60hz or 72hz. If not, then go to the monitor tab and load a generic monitor driver.
One time, I bought a repackaged display card that had been set too high and I had to reload the card driver in safe mode to get it to work correctly.

Collapse -
Monitor Out Of Range What is this?
by Yirzm4 / June 20, 2007 1:04 AM PDT

Thanks for your reply.
I wish i could boot to safe mode, but the bad thing is that when i start the PC i cant get any display on my screen, the only thing i get is the warning message "monitor out of range"
i tried using another Monitor with the same PC it worked just fine. But when i try a different PC with the same monitor i still get the same message. Any help is welcomed.

Collapse -
follow directions with the known good monitor
by batman823 / June 28, 2007 1:21 AM PDT

Use the other monitor and just let the PC boot up. Follow the directions above to reduce the screen size to something in the mid-low range. right-click, select properties, select settings tab, make the adjustment. Leave the CPU running and connect the other monitor. If you can see the picture, it may look funny or distorted, then you just need to adjust it to your preference

Collapse -
Umm . . .
by Frentix / June 29, 2007 6:42 PM PDT

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a problem with the monitor out-of-range even on POST? As was said before, the monitor cannot read the signal being sent to it (often a high resolution on a lower res monitor) and needs to be reset. In all my experience, though, I have never had a monitor not display the POST.

To Lino:
Does any other monitor work with the pc other than the original, and did the pc come with the monitor?

Collapse -
Monitor Out of Range
by Yirzm4 / August 21, 2007 2:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Umm . . .

Thanks everyone for your reply!
like i said on my last post, i can use the PC with any other monitor and things go well, but when i try the problematic Monitor with other PCs it does not work.
The other things is i cant boot windows to safe mode because there is no display at all on my screen, the only thing i get when i power the PC is "ATTENTION MONITOR OUT OF RANGE"
So that lives me without any option.
please help

Collapse -
blank monitor & out of range
by tarinstorm / July 15, 2008 2:01 AM PDT

Dear,

Recently i am having a strange problem. computer starts but there is no display in the monitor. after few hours later when i power on the pc it starts with display. but when i restart there is no display again.sometimes it says out of range sometime not. first i have thought the problem might be in the monitor. then i have boutht a lcd monitor(benq). but few days later the problem reappears & still continuing. while starting the computer i do not hear any kind of beep code. i have also plugged vga cable to my built in graphics card, but the problem remains. my pc configuration is------

processor: intel pentium D 3.2GHz

hard disk: 320GB

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics card:nvidia pci express 256 MB(NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS)

i am using vista 32 bit ultimate final.

Collapse -
monitor out of range
by toap / July 18, 2008 3:07 PM PDT

Hi i had the same problem ,two graphic cards running in sli one of them had a memory problem ,replaced it and every think returned to normal . if you have a spare graphic card try it as the problem may be with your card toap

Collapse -
To Lino...Monitor out of Range
by valadare / July 18, 2008 11:22 PM PDT

I suppose you have a New System..is it the original monitor? did it work before?if so what was the change?did you replace some Hardware?well.if you can't go to safe mode..or any other move not helping...What about System recovery to Original settings..the Pc will tell you that the monitor will set automatically...what about?

Collapse -
Out of Range
by HIOGS / August 22, 2010 3:32 AM PDT

You need to change the picture resolution in safe mode. To do so restart computer and press F8 as it reboots or just press the resart on the front of computer and when it reboots a message comes up windows did not close properly giving you the option of safe mode, then just go into display and change the res

Collapse -
Solution
by Maximusg123 / November 14, 2010 6:01 PM PST
In reply to: Out of Range

Just had the same problem instead of choosing safe mode use the ENABLE VGA mode on the options when hitting F8 from here you can install the drivers and or make the relevant adjustments to your PC.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.