Samsung forum

Question

Monitor: How To Remove "No Time Information" text at startup

by Zepherz / January 25, 2013 11:04 PM PST

When using a Samsung 27'' P2770H for a computer monitor, and upon boot of the computer and the monitor turns on, for a few seconds it will display in the top left side a gui box that says:
No Time Informaton
1920 x 1080
It only last 7 seconds or so, but, it covers over other boot information I want and need to see. If I set the time on it then it displays the correct time and screen resolution -but it's not my question or concern.

My Question is: How do I turn this prompt Completely Off so that it does not show at all?

I see many people have brought this up on various forums over the years which affects many different models of Samsung TV/Monitors used for computer monitors as I search the web, but there is not an answer that I have found yet.

My Question is: How do I turn this prompt Completely Off ?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Monitor: How To Remove "No Time Information" text at startup
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Monitor: How To Remove "No Time Information" text at startup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: How To Remove "No Time Information" text at startup
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 28, 2013 6:02 AM PST

Hi Zepherz,

Unfortunately, that's not an option that's currently available. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

HD Tech

Collapse -
please check again :)
by Zepherz / January 29, 2013 6:16 AM PST

@ HD Tech,
Well thank you for answering my post !

Isn't there a flash or something I can do, no matter what it is - I will/can be able to do it, am very tech savy.
I'd try to flash it in a heartbeat if I had the file fix

I've been trying to ignore this screen
No Time Informaton
1920 x 1080

screenshot:
http://i47.tinypic.com/1572czm.jpg

..that covers up my boot post information on every pc boot for a few years now, but now that I've set up 2 new computers with these monitors (I have Two of them: Samsung 27'' P2770H) it is really annoying that I can't stop that from displaying. I will do anything to get it to stop!.

I don't want to have to buy new monitors just to stop that from happening.
The only Samsung monitor like mine that has a Built In Tuner and able to use it as a PC Monitor is the Samsung T27B750ND - does this model give that 7 second Time/Resolution prompt on pc boot? I don't want to have to jump ship on Samsung since I already own a LN-T5781F 57'' in our living room and we have been a Samsung family so far.

@ R. Proffitt, thanks for your reply, but it's hooked to new high end computers and vga is out of the question even if it did not have the prompt. I need HDMI only here, minimum would be DVI but checking just now DVI does it too as shown in the screenshot link above. Thank you though.

Collapse -
Answer
A thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 28, 2013 6:12 AM PST

I looked at that model and it shows it shipped with a VGA cable. Try VGA next time?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.