The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Molly you are FUN

by eternity21 / July 4, 2006 5:59 AM PDT

Molly I just listened to the podcast from 6/26/06. You said you weren't fun. You are FUN! You are definitely missed when you are not on the podcast. I love Tom and Veronica too but when all three of you are together it is the best. You all balance each other out. Plus it is so nice to have a woman on a tech podcast that is my age and is geeky about tech stuff. It makes me feel less lonely.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Molly you are FUN
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Molly you are FUN
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yea..
by audiblegirl / July 4, 2006 3:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Molly you are FUN

Yea I adgree with that.. Its the best when all of you guys are together because you play off one another really well and when one of you guys are out than most often someone drops the ball..lol.. or the "Buzz" is not as fizzy..:-P

Collapse -
The wait
by MacHugger / July 4, 2006 5:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Molly you are FUN

At the beginning of each podcast, I sit at my work computer, Princess Leia headphone buns firmly on my ears, with an expectant look on my face until all three names are read aloud. Then, I settle back in my chair and pretend to work for an indeterminate length, all happy when the full team is on the roster.

If Molly is missing, it's usually a Tom/Vernonica anglophile/geek/video game extravaganza.

If Tom is missing, it's usually Rants Gone Wild: ''woo hoo, shake it.''

If Veronica is missing, it's usually Mollythra vs. Tomzilla in the battle of opinions.

I don't know why their particular combination works the way that it does but it just does.

-Kevin

Collapse -
Eight combinations - you covered four
by cardsbb9 / July 4, 2006 6:49 PM PDT
In reply to: The wait

Kevin;

I agree with your assessments, but would like to add the other four combinations you overlooked. As per probability theory we have a total of eight combinations of TMV possible:

TMV - all three present
One of the three absent (three possibilities)

These four you covered.

Only one of the three present (three possibilities)
All three absent

We can theorize on three of these last four possibilities, but I do not think there has ever been a BOL with only one present. Molly only would have the feel of 'The Buzz Report' with less visuals (of course) and more rant. Tom alone would have the feel of 'The Real Deal' intellectual and (maybe?) a little dry and overly factual. And, yesterday, we observed what it was like to have all three absent as there was no podcast.

The only one combination we have no way to infer how it would be is Veronica alone.

Collapse -
Veronica is hot
by nineteenseventy9 / July 5, 2006 12:13 AM PDT

The July 3rd Podcast was different. Like you said, they weren't there, but they were there to record. So which is it?

They missed the Earthlink ad, though.

And if they had done the voicemails as follows, I think it would have been more humorous:

- Tom: And now a humorous voicemail from Jane in New York about the net neutrality legislation.
- *1 second of silence*
- All: *bursts of laughter*
- Veronica: That was great!
- Tom: When you want it done right, you have to do it yourself.

Hehe.

Molly is fun, but I think it's great when it's just the girls. No offense to Tom, because the BOL crew wouldn't be the BOL crew without him, but things get a little crazier and funnier when they're left alone.

Collapse -
I would have too..
by audiblegirl / July 5, 2006 3:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Veronica is hot

adgree with the fact that Veronica is indeed "hot" as you placed it. But I would have to disadgree with the fact that the show may be better without Tom because I like the more manly opinion that he gives with the sports aspect and others. Although when it is just the girls it seems like a more up tempo and wild..lol

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ~Creepy~
by robstak / July 5, 2006 7:52 AM PDT
In reply to: I would have too..
Collapse -
Veronica alone - Mac Attack
by eternity21 / July 5, 2006 11:05 AM PDT

I think if it was a Veronica alone show it would be ''All Mac all the time'' ;~} with a sprinkling of Tivo stuff. (I'm so glad you entered the Tivo world Veronica it does rock and it is addictive).

I also think the guys out there would like a Veronica video podcast because she is so pretty.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It's and AUDIO podcast.
by cardsbb9 / July 5, 2006 12:54 PM PDT
Collapse -
Veronica alone = Mac+Tivo+ (drum roll)...........
by toulouse2k / July 5, 2006 10:55 PM PDT

.....BARNYARD & WEIRD VOCAL IMPRESSIONS!! Take that TWIT.

Collapse -
HEY
by earlysound / July 6, 2006 1:02 AM PDT

that's not all i know about!!

you forgot Warcraft... Silly

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) SMACKS forehead.....oh, yeah...Warcraft.
by toulouse2k / July 6, 2006 1:43 AM PDT
In reply to: HEY
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.