Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

The CNET Lounge

General discussion

MOLLY WOOD LEAVING BOL???!!! NOOOOOOOOO! (boom!)

by alchemistmuffin / January 22, 2009 / 2:49 PM UTC

Okay, had not listened to BOl in weeks (least 6 days worth) and I just listened the episode where Molly Wood announced that she is no longer hosting as everyday host....

WHY, MOLLY, WHY? Is this the beginning of the end for BOL? Is she planning to leave BOL for good?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MOLLY WOOD LEAVING BOL???!!! NOOOOOOOOO! (boom!)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MOLLY WOOD LEAVING BOL???!!! NOOOOOOOOO! (boom!)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe a focus group didn't like her
by Nicholas Buenk / January 22, 2009 / 3:07 PM UTC

I dunno...

Collapse -
Anyway
by Nicholas Buenk / January 22, 2009 / 3:10 PM UTC

Natali seems to be on a role this week maybe it won't be so bad.

Collapse -
What about the Brian's?
by jmoo2 / January 22, 2009 / 4:48 PM UTC
In reply to: Anyway

Natali doesn't seem to be into Tech as much as Tom or Molly; she isn't geeky enough. The chemistry is also missing; it's not as fun.

Wish BC or BT would have been the other co-host.

James

Collapse -
Unfortunately, I agree
by DKhoji / January 23, 2009 / 4:30 AM UTC

The great thing about BOL is that it's entertaining and funny as well as informative. The best combination is always Tom and a guest for the more solid stuff, along with Molly plus Jason and/or Veronica to add Tabasco to the mix. The best BOL crew of all time is Tom, Molly, Jason and Veronica together. Natali is sweet and reasonably well informed but she needs an anarchist like Molly as a counterpoint.

Collapse -
What about the Brians?
by Michelebot / January 24, 2009 / 9:57 AM UTC

I think part of the problem is that Natali is alone in a booth 2500 miles away. But, you're right. Natali is just not as "edgy" as Molly.

Of course, if I ever find out that CBS Marketing had their fingers in this, I'm gonna be PO'd.

Michele

Collapse -
Molly's reason for going to one day.
by Sandman3030 / January 23, 2009 / 11:45 AM UTC
Collapse -
MOLLY WOOD LEAVING BOL???!!! NOOOOOOOOO! (boom!)
by wizkids32 / January 23, 2009 / 2:26 PM UTC

She will be on the show on Mondays she is leaving to pay more attention to Mailbag The Buzz Report and Gadgets too.

Collapse -
Cue Purcell's march
by Papa Chango / February 2, 2009 / 9:17 PM UTC

I havent listened in a while because I just cant take chirpy mediocrity and having to pick and choose episodes which wouldnt annoy me was starting to be tedious. So I arrived on the site and just saw that the masthead was changed today.
I looked around and this is the first message I found.

Its a shame.

Im happy that I can still hear her elsewhere (add Gadgettes to my RSS feed) and I can still listen to Tom's other shows too and I read that she comes back.
But its not going to be the same.

This is not the Tom and Molly show (no disrespect to Momo who has really come along far in the past 1.5 years) anymore. Tom or Molly with a guest like Rafe or Senor Cooley and Jason is a very good show.
Tom and Molly together was magic.
That's life.
Like when youre friends move out of town, you still see them when they come to town but you know its never be the same.

I dont blame Yoko for Molly's departure but she is the reason I stopped listening and I was someone who would watch the Ustream with the baby and relisten to the MP3 later one in the day.

Somehow in my mind in a few years, her arrival, Molly's departure and my stopping to listen to a show after 700-750 eps will all blend in as one.
Hell, Im halfway there now.

Collapse -
Natali
by Tracer Bullet / February 3, 2009 / 7:39 AM UTC

Natali is starting to grow on me, but I don't think she's going to be a good regular host because of the distance. There's a lot less chemistry between her and the other hosts.

Collapse -
Not feeling Natali on Buzz out loud
by ludin101 / February 3, 2009 / 2:50 PM UTC

I'm not listening to buzz out load anymore as I'm not feeling Natalie on the show. I've tried to give her a chance but It's not working. She doesn't bring anything new to the show. She has nothing substantial to add to the topic of discussion and I'm sick of her plugging Loaded every chance she gets.

She was really condescending to Molly on that last show and it turned me off completely from Buzz out loud. That last show was far from enjoyable, It was painful. I've been a long time listener but now I'll be getting my tech news elsewhere.

Goodbye buzztown.

Mods, this is my opinion.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
icon
Tablets 1,149 discussions
icon
Security 28,606 discussions
icon