The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Molly Wood - Annoying Voice

by Jake732 / November 23, 2009 1:57 PM PST

I'm a regular listerner to BOL. I like the show alot.

The only problem I have is with Molly Wood. Her voice is annoying and she seems to TALK ALOT. She's very saracastic and if you add the biting saracasm with the annoying voice it's like listening to nails scratching down a chalkboard.

Can CNET get her off BOL? I don't care if she does other CNET stuff, but BOL is the one CNET podcast I like listening to whenever I have the chance.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Molly Wood - Annoying Voice
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Molly Wood - Annoying Voice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
!!!!
by love2fish61 / November 23, 2009 2:25 PM PST

You have to be joking. Molly Wood is one of the most intelligent, insightful podcasters out there. She has been one of the most important parts of the show since its start. God forbid we have to hear from an actual journalist once or twice a week.

Collapse -
Exactly!
by Cg2916 / October 15, 2010 10:39 PM PDT
In reply to: !!!!

Agreed

Collapse -
Well
by Nicholas Buenk / November 23, 2009 3:26 PM PST

I know she sounds like a lead singer in a metal band. But here's an idea, try listening to what she says.

Collapse -
PS
by Nicholas Buenk / November 23, 2009 3:28 PM PST
In reply to: Well

And send a copy of this thread to mailbag@cnet.com Wink

Collapse -
yeah; reminds me of...
by shmody / November 28, 2009 7:09 PM PST
In reply to: Well

yeah; reminds me of...

Jake732, your problem reminds me of why I love spicy Thai food even though I sweat relatively profusely from my head - it's not quite that "it hurts soo good", but that going through the difficult stuff (extra spice, usually 4 out of 5) is well worth it at the end.

I'd suggest not listening to episodes with Molly for a couple weeks, start listening again, and see how that goes.

Very best,
Shalin

Collapse -
To each his/her own...
by Slikkster / November 23, 2009 8:55 PM PST

I happen to like her voice, and she's very witty.

Collapse -
new here, eh?
by minimalist / November 23, 2009 9:14 PM PST

Cause Molly Wood aside from being a pretty bad azz journalist, is one of the most beloved members of the BOL crew. She and Tom were there in the early days before anyone else. Even though she's around less these days, a Molly day is always a good one in my opinion. I love her insight and willingness to cut through all the BS.

Collapse -
Please tell me you are joking
by kailstober / November 24, 2009 12:23 AM PST

Molly is one of the reasons for show's success. She is very intelligent and her comments are really relevant.

I like her voice and her comments so much that I've heard her at a Twilight's podcast and I don?t even like the books.

Collapse -
(NT) Can we get rid of Tom too? And that Jason guy as well.
by kwahhn / November 24, 2009 2:06 AM PST
Collapse -
Yeah!
by Slikkster / November 24, 2009 4:39 AM PST

I vote for Natali vs. Cooley! No there's some sparks!

Collapse -
I Disagree, but clever way to stay on top
by quasar-atl / November 24, 2009 6:21 AM PST

I would have to completely disagree with your assessment. Molly Wood credentials need no additional mentioning and her voice is that of an educated journalist with every responsibility to voice her thoughts.

If however, you were trying to create controversy on the forum and stay on top of the dialog board, then I tip my hat to you. It is clever but risky.

Later People.

Collapse -
Molly Wood - Annoying Voice
by wizkids32 / November 25, 2009 6:30 AM PST

Nope not at all I like her voice. Molly Wood doesn't have annoying Voice at all.

Collapse -
I think they tried that...
by n74jw / November 25, 2009 11:35 PM PST

They put Natali up front for awhile, which lead to one of the longest threads I have seen on this board. The only thing that gets me about Molly is that she knows jack about tech. Take away Google, and what does she know? What does any of us know, actually?

Collapse -
Molly doesn't know about tech?
by Slikkster / November 27, 2009 4:56 AM PST

What's in the water you're drinking?

Collapse -
Witty...
by n74jw / November 27, 2009 5:17 AM PST

Would you go on record to say Molly knows tech like, Tom? Molly knows what she wants in tech, but could care less about how.

Collapse -
Short answer:
by Slikkster / November 27, 2009 6:46 AM PST
In reply to: Witty...

Yes. Next question? I don't know what you mean by "how". You think Tom drills down into Assembly language when dealing with software? That kind of "how"? Or does he know which IC chips do what on a given circuit board?

They both have similar backgrounds: journalism degrees. They both have an abiding interest in tech issues. Maybe their specific tech interests are different, but so what? That's what makes the world go 'round. Was Molly faking her way through hundreds of BOL's? They each bring something to the table, and their chemistry on that made it what it was. I guess I need you to explain the whole "how" thing.

Collapse -
(NT) booo!! hisss!!
by robstak / November 26, 2009 11:51 AM PST
Collapse -
Problem solved
by skellener / November 27, 2009 5:48 AM PST

> The only problem I have is with Molly Wood.
> Her voice is annoying and she seems to TALK ALOT.

Stop listening then.

Collapse -
Flamebait
by RTourn / November 27, 2009 5:28 PM PST

Where's the ignore button?

Collapse -
awwww give her a break
by jonah jones / November 27, 2009 5:50 PM PST

she wears striped pyjamas

Happy

Collapse -
???
by n74jw / November 28, 2009 12:31 AM PST
In reply to: awwww give her a break

We know this, how?

Collapse -
a true gentleman never tells ;-)
by jonah jones / November 28, 2009 2:42 AM PST
In reply to: ???

but i'm sure that she would confirm it if asked

Collapse -
Hmmm
by n74jw / November 28, 2009 8:19 AM PST

Would she now? I'm not buying it (Channeling Dvorak)

Collapse -
to spare you sleepless nights
by jonah jones / November 28, 2009 6:36 PM PST
In reply to: Hmmm
Collapse -
This is a tech forum
by n74jw / November 28, 2009 11:51 PM PST

It is a safe assumption that one, capable of digitally altering the audio, could be found here. Still suspicious...

Collapse -
Still suspicious...?
by jonah jones / November 29, 2009 8:41 PM PST
In reply to: This is a tech forum

nothing suspicious about striped pyjamas

Wink

Collapse -
Yeah sure...
by n74jw / November 29, 2009 10:06 PM PST
In reply to: Still suspicious...?

That is what they want you to think. First it's striped PJ's, then it's something else.

Collapse -
ah hah! a conspiracy theory
by jonah jones / November 29, 2009 10:13 PM PST
In reply to: Yeah sure...

well, i can honestly say that she isn't an Iraqi

Happy

Collapse -
Hmmm
by n74jw / November 29, 2009 11:13 PM PST

Certainly not East Asian, but Iraqi, the jury is still out on that one.

Collapse -
You could be on to something
by DangMI / November 30, 2009 8:47 PM PST
In reply to: Yeah sure...

In #1115, Molly moves on to Snuggies--where will this all end?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.