Samsung

General discussion

Model HL-R5067WX -- a Samsung DLP TV -- shuts itself off!

by Beekeroo / January 3, 2010 1:11 PM PST

This TV shuts itself off, repeatedly, constantly -- first, after 15 minutes of use, then randomly, sometimes at very short intervals (less than a minute.) Has a new lamp just one year old. (We don't watch alot of TV, but when we do watch, this annoying problem is maddening.) Anyone else have this problem?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Model HL-R5067WX -- a Samsung DLP TV -- shuts itself off!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Model HL-R5067WX -- a Samsung DLP TV -- shuts itself off!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"Reply" to myself
by Beekeroo / January 4, 2010 1:06 PM PST

After much reading of previous posts, I see that I may not be alone with this problem. I did read a post from 2009 from a Samsung Technician that "the first 50 people" would receive a free repair of their TVs which were turning themselves off and then on again... Has anyone received satisfaction from Samsung as a result of that offer (of the free repair)? Has it ever been determined that a simple R&R of a capacitor is the solution? Can that R&R be done at home, by the owner?

Collapse -
Samsung DLP shuts off and one white spot
by jboni13 / February 24, 2010 11:53 AM PST
In reply to: "Reply" to myself

Have you had any more luck with the issue. My T.V. is shutting off by itself, sometimes it does it every 5 minutes other times it will go for about 2 hours then shut off and now there is a cloudy spot on one side of the t.v and I have one white spot. Don't know if they are all related

Collapse -
SAMSUNG TV shuts itself off
by Beekeroo / February 25, 2010 3:31 AM PST

To jboni13
No, there has been no change; the TV still shuts itself off at random, and, like yours, may stay on for hours before it acts up.
I had a repairman come to the house; he was able to access a trouble-shooting menu on the TV screen and he said he would have to do more research to fix the problem. (We were sure he must have done something, because the TV did not act up for hours...) I have not noticed any white spot on the screen. Stay in touch.

Collapse -
Samsung DLP HL-S5686 - shuts itself off randomly
by Shirley8912 / March 31, 2010 11:36 AM PDT

Our TV just shuts off randomly. Sometimes plays for hours with no problem and other times, can't keep it on for more than 10 minutes at a time. This happens also when playing a DVD on the DVD player or the PS3. We can turn it back on ok but sometimes it does not stay on. What is the problem? The TV is not quite 3 years old.

Collapse -
Samsung Model R5067
by Dhudshia / May 23, 2010 11:26 AM PDT

I have Samsung R5067W TV for 5 years and since last year it started turning off itself and no picture but audio still playing, I replaced lamp but problem still exist.

Any help or suggestion

Collapse -
SAMSUNG TV shuts itself off
by Beekeroo / May 24, 2010 1:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Model R5067

Hello, all. Beekeroo, the "original poster" here, with an update. The TV no longer shuts itself off; instead, it "freezes the video" while the audio continues normally! This usually happens within the first five minutes of operation. Our solution is to pull the power cord from the back of the TV out for 5-10 seconds and replace it. The TV then performs with no problem.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.