Samsung

General discussion

mode not supported on tv

by ldkumar / June 28, 2010 12:35 AM PDT

when i connect my hp laptop to samsung 5 series through vga it showing display connected on my pc and mode not supported on tv
can u please help me..

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: mode not supported on tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: mode not supported on tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Be sure to complete your posting.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2010 12:51 AM PDT

Tell what video mode you tried and how you enabled the vga port and how you tested that said port works with some external display.

Collapse -
mode not supported
by ldkumar / June 28, 2010 2:13 PM PDT

i have connected my pc to tv through 15 pin hdmi cable
in my pc (vista) windows mobility center it showing display connected but in the tv pc mode it showing no display connected

Collapse -
Display settings
by jw650 / June 28, 2010 6:28 PM PDT
In reply to: mode not supported

You probably need to adjust the PC display settings for the external monitor (the TV). In Vista, this may be through Desktop->right-click->Personalize->Display settings, though many systems have adjustment through proprietary display drivers. Start with resolution for the lowest value (usually 800x600) and work upwards.

Collapse -
15 pin HDMI?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2010 9:34 PM PDT
In reply to: mode not supported
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI lists the usual four types of HDMI which none have 15 pins.

It appears you are trying the usual 15 pin VGA connection (read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector )

VGA output is harder in that there can be almost any resolution going out and I find many struggle to enable and configure that. The unsupported mode is the message when it is either not enabled or set to some resolution that is not supported.

Sadly this is slightly hard and made worse by a lack of standards. That is, the method I use on my HP is not the same steps as I use on my Dell.
Bob
Collapse -
cable
by weeve1 / June 28, 2010 4:26 AM PDT

If you are using an hdmi cable or dvi to hdmi make sure you commect it to hdmi port 1.
Also make sure that the cable is not defective (cheap hdmi cables from ebay aka China can be of lower quality and cause this as well

Collapse -
mode not supported on tv
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 29, 2010 11:40 AM PDT

ldkumar,

What's the full model number of the TV?

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.