Samsung forum

MKV Support

by vinit_relan / April 27, 2011 10:01 PM PDT

I am able to play few mkv files but others i am unable to. I dont know if it's the audio codec issue. If it is, then what is the solution?

I have a B7000WRMXL 46 inch LED

Kindly help.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MKV Support
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MKV Support
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
You're right.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 28, 2011 1:30 AM PDT
In reply to: MKV Support

It is an audio code (CODEC) issue. Since we can't change the decoding in the TV we have to re-encode content to what works. And here's the hard part. From model to model, said encoding may work on one but not the next. This makes it impossible for anyone to nail down exactly which encoding to use.

Now a little correction is needed. MKV is not a format, it's a container for content. As such MKV is fully supported but what you toss into said container may not be supported.

Sorry if this is confusing but it is at first.

Collapse -
(NT) so you mean the file that i have will not be played.
by vinit_relan / April 28, 2011 4:10 AM PDT
In reply to: You're right.
Collapse -
In its current encoding, most likely never.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 28, 2011 4:15 AM PDT

At least on this TV. If you follow the discussions, not once have I seen an update to add more decoding. I've seen some loss of CODEC (decoding) support but encoding and how things work is hard on those that are new to this.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.