Laptops

General discussion

Missing ATI Catalyst driver revision 8.411.0.0??

by birdss25 / December 25, 2007 9:37 AM PST

i got gears of war for the pc and installed it. i have a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 graphic card. when i go to play it it has:

message 1
______________________________________________________________________________________
To run Gears of War with your current hardware setup, you must install the following software update or updates: + ATI Catalyst driver revision 8.411.0.0 If you do not install this software, at some point the game will stop and your progress will be lost. ______________________________________________________________________________________

message 2
______________________________________________________________________________________
To run Gears of War with your current hardware setup, you must either install the ATI Catalyst driver revision 8.411.0.0 or get the latest ATI Catalyst driver from the www.amd.com website. To install the update, click INSTALL. If you do not install this driver or the latest driver from the website, at some point the game will stop and your progress will be lost. ______________________________________________________________________________________

i install it then it says: Setup did not find a compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit.

can everyone help me?
Steven Moore

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Missing ATI Catalyst driver revision 8.411.0.0??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Missing ATI Catalyst driver revision 8.411.0.0??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry no. Here's why.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 25, 2007 10:06 AM PST

Without the make and model of the laptop I can't look for a driver for your laptop. It's not like desktops where you go get the driver from ATI so PLEASE PLEASE heed that forum note to save members from asking for the missing details.

Bob

Collapse -
the info in my computer
by birdss25 / December 26, 2007 12:22 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry no. Here's why.

I have a dell Inspiron E1505, ati radeon x1400, i need ATI Catalyst driver revision 8.411.0.0, or something newer. my gears of war game will not work.

Collapse -
You'll have to try the Omega drivers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 26, 2007 12:30 AM PST
Collapse -
Same Problem
by Norgie93 / March 8, 2008 7:56 AM PST

hi, um i have the same video card, but for an Alienware Area-51 m5550i and i need ATI Catalyst driver revision 8.411.0.0, or something newer for the same problem, my gears of war wont work.

Collapse -
The Omega solution is not just for the model
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2008 9:22 AM PST
In reply to: Same Problem

This applies to more models (maybe all) than I could list here.
Bob

Collapse -
Then What Can i Do?
by Norgie93 / March 8, 2008 9:29 AM PST

, i dint really understand what you meen, what can i do to make the game run?

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2008 11:52 AM PST
In reply to: Then What Can i Do?

The solution appears to be beyond what I can offer here. Be sure to keep the omega link handy for your local tech support.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by Norgie93 / March 8, 2008 12:36 PM PST
In reply to: Sorry.

ok thanks, you have any suggestions on what companie i should try?

Collapse -
None I fear.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2008 12:39 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks

You can't get the driver from ATI and your laptop maker. This is why the Omega link is there so you can modify the driver from ATI to work on your laptop.

It only seems confusing until you finish reading the Omega web pages.
Bob

Collapse -
um
by Norgie93 / March 8, 2008 12:45 PM PST
In reply to: None I fear.

i did, but you cant even down load + ATI Catalyst driver revision 8.411.0.0 all the sites only have up to 8.3 somthing

Collapse -
Odd.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2008 12:53 PM PST
In reply to: um

If that was your issue, why didn't you tell us 4 posts ago? Please check the Omega forums to see what they do.

Collapse -
I have
by Norgie93 / March 9, 2008 12:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Odd.
Collapse -
Then you have the
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 9, 2008 12:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Odd.

Latest drivers from your laptop's maker?

If not, it's time to consider the ultimate fix. Go to XP...

Collapse -
Did you fix it?
by Norgie93 / March 10, 2008 11:25 AM PDT

Did you ever get the problem fixed?

Collapse -
try
by jayman21h / March 29, 2008 4:27 AM PDT

instead of clicking "install", click "skip"

im running this on an e1505, with radeon x1400, and it works fine without installing extra stuff. you can just click "dont show this box again" so it doesnt bother you.

Collapse -
I tried that...
by ChillyMeerkat / May 9, 2008 1:14 PM PDT
In reply to: try

... but about 2 seconds into the first cinematic sequence, I got a BSOD with an error related to an ATI file.

Collapse -
Specs
by ChillyMeerkat / May 9, 2008 1:29 PM PDT
In reply to: I tried that...

I'm running a Dell E1505 with XP 2005 MCE and the Mobility Radeon X1400.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.