Peripherals forum

General discussion

Missing All-In-One Center for DELL 922

by strawberryJAMM / October 10, 2008 7:11 AM PDT

I've seen the same problem listed for the DELL 926 AIO printer - basically, having lost the Installation CD for my 922 I downloaded the most recent driver (Version "G21, A04") only to find, once installed, that the All-In-Once center is missing making it impossible to use the scanner.

I also tried downloading and installed the "shipped on CD" version of the driver (Version "G4A(English webpack), A00") but that didn't work either.

Eventually I tracked down that the 922 is based on the Lexmark X5270 so I went to the Lexmark site and tried installing the driver for that printer. The installation wizard looked pretty much the same until it tried to detect my printer and was unable to see it. Silly

I noticed a solution in the thread for this problem with the 926 that worked for others - it involved unplugging the printer, downloading and installing a patch that would "completely remove the printer from [the] computer" and then installing the latest driver. Can anyone tell me if there a similar patch that does the same thing for the 922?

Thanks, in advance, for any help
:-j(enni)

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Missing All-In-One Center for DELL 922
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Missing All-In-One Center for DELL 922
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Installation for the Dell 922 printer
by PudgyOne / October 10, 2008 6:40 PM PDT

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer. The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package.

Let me know the results.

Rick

Collapse -
Thanks, that did the trick
by strawberryJAMM / October 11, 2008 2:23 AM PDT

Worked like a charm.

Boy, you'd think that searching for the 922 at DELL's Driver & Download search would return a link to that patch as well as the link to the current download. :-P

:-j(enni)

Collapse -
The patch/upgrade
by PudgyOne / October 11, 2008 2:38 AM PDT

is located under the Vista 32-bit section. The patch works for XP as well as Vista and is like a cleaner to remove drivers. Vista machines won't remove all the drivers from the control panel, so the patch is needed.

Do yourself a favor, like I did.

I downloaded each item and made a separate folder for each, since I don't know what the R numbers are. I put them all in a folder. Then burn them to a disk so you have them when you need them. Easier to find on a disk. I then put the disk with my Operation System disks.

Glad you got it working. If you have any trouble with scanning, especially with the Vista machine, try this FREE OCR Program.

http://softi.co.uk/freeocr.htm

Rick

Collapse -
Worked for me too! Thanks :)
by willijal2 / October 24, 2008 8:31 PM PDT

Hey, I have been having problems with my pc and wanted to install my printer to my laptop. Like other people, I misplaced my cd. So I googled the idea and came across your forum. I followed your steps and it worked for me also. Thanks so much, you are a life saver (and a money saver)!

Happy

Collapse -
have the exact same problem but...
by skazm / November 15, 2008 12:20 PM PST

but the link to the patch is gone... any advice?

I think part of the problem could be that I have an old driver installed because when i downloaded the Dell support center it brought up the old printer and not the new one....

help

Collapse -
If you have a 922 printer
by PudgyOne / November 15, 2008 12:34 PM PST

They have been having problems with drivers and downloads, this weekend, so try it again. If you cannot get it, wait until sometime Monday when they get back to work.

If you have a different model printer, please tell me make and model number.

Rick

Collapse -
Dell 942 same issue. no aio software cd anymore
by jeffdell942 / December 7, 2008 7:29 AM PST

I have a Dell 4700 with XP SP3. ever since I restored it to the original shipping xp state my all in one software was gone and I can't get it to print without a error screen popping up that I have to bypass. I need to scan now and so i need the all in one center software back. Do you have any fixes? my original cd is scratched up... I read very similar threads about the 962 and 922... thanks

Collapse -
I have been busy
by PudgyOne / December 7, 2008 7:41 AM PST

But you can try these instructions found here.

Rick

Collapse -
link not working
by jeffdell942 / December 7, 2008 8:43 AM PST
In reply to: I have been busy

that link isn't working.... i don't think it's my internet either. is it correctly hyperlinked?

Collapse -
(NT) Works for me
by PudgyOne / December 7, 2008 9:45 AM PST
In reply to: link not working
Collapse -
Thank you
by jeffdell942 / December 13, 2008 2:52 AM PST
In reply to: Works for me

Worked when I used aol to open it up. The fix worked great. very easy. Thanks A LOT!

Collapse -
All in one center program missing for my dell 922 printer
by ksargent2 / January 8, 2009 11:45 PM PST

Rick

I used the patch that you had suggested and the driver. Everything is running great. I tried to goto Dell's driver download page, but it did not proveide the patch. I know it is a Dell product, but they do not make it that user friendly when it acts up.
Thank you
Kevin

Collapse -
Kevin
by PudgyOne / January 9, 2009 12:00 AM PST

Reinstalling instructions for the 922 printer can be found in post 2.

Disconnect the printer, run the patch(also provided in post 2),restart the computer, install the proper drivers and connect the printer when prompted(powered on)

Rick

Collapse -
Lost Dell 922 all in one centre.
by suesconfused / January 28, 2009 7:43 PM PST

Brilliant!! I've been trying unsuccessfully to resolve this problem for a couple of weeks by searching the Dell online support. I was on the point of giving up and thought I'd have to buy a new printer. In desperation I googled my problem-your web site came up...I followed your instructions and.......Hey Presto...Printer fully functional again. Why on earth can't Dell make it so easy to find??
Thank you. I will deffinately use you as my oracle from now on 8-)

Collapse -
If you search
by PudgyOne / January 28, 2009 8:24 PM PST

Dell, their forums also have the answer, search needs fixed, since the got a new forum.

Glad you got it working.

Rick

Collapse -
Worked for me too!
by jgparmele / August 1, 2009 2:43 AM PDT

THANKS!

Collapse -
it worked!!!
by reynald_g / September 12, 2009 6:23 PM PDT

I've had the exact same issue. Reinstall XP to its original state but couldn't have the scanner work with AIO Center since it wasn't there. I used the patch then used the driver and all is working.

THANKS RICK!

Collapse -
Mission AIO 922 All in One Printer
by VEA1965 / March 19, 2010 8:27 PM PDT

Rick I have read and followed the instructions off the Forum regarding
AIO 922 All in One Printer - but I could not link up the patch to
remove printer off computer...noted posted in October 2008!

Collapse -
Question about links
by homeboyz3 / July 9, 2010 5:18 AM PDT

I just recently stumbled on this thread...thank goodness!

I have a question...I think the links are dead as the file sizes don't match what I've downloaded. Would you please repost the correct files and patches so I can get my Dell AIO 922 fixed once and for all. Dell made this sooooo difficult!

Huge thanks in advance.

Collapse -
Dell 922
by duryv / November 6, 2010 12:34 AM PDT

Hi Rick,
Many Thanks to you, It worked.
I had wife and kids on me pressuring to "make it work"

Have a great day

Yves

Collapse -
Dell 922 AIO center missing
by capster10 / June 14, 2013 1:44 AM PDT

Here we are June 2013 and your links pulled my bacon out of the fire. It worked like a charm. I've got everything back again. Thanks for you expertise Rick.

Collapse -
missing all in one center for Dell Printer A10 922
by johnlucchese / November 5, 2008 3:49 PM PST

I restored my professional XP media center computer but in the installation process I lost my Dell 922 "all in one center" How can I install it? MY COMPUTER IS A COMPAQ PRESARIO MODEL #SR2020NX

Collapse -
Follow
by PudgyOne / November 5, 2008 5:18 PM PST

the instructions in post 2 and you'll get everything back. No CD required. If you have Vista and need the fax program, let me know and I do a download for that also.

Rick

Collapse -
Need download
by BJ561 / November 25, 2008 2:14 AM PST
In reply to: Follow

Hey, I came across this forum while googling for a fax program for my Dell AIO 922 printer with Windows Vista. Can you help me? It's a shame I have to resort to this when I've paid so much money to Dell. They basically told me there's nothing they can do. Not a good way to treat your customers. Anyways, let me know if you can help. Thanks!

Collapse -
I was told
by PudgyOne / November 25, 2008 7:41 AM PST
In reply to: Need download
Collapse -
Missing AIO 922 All in One Printer
by VEA1965 / March 19, 2010 8:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Follow

Bought new DELL Inspiron 15 Laptop Dec 2009 - tried to connect it to the
old DEll AIO 922 printer/scanner - used CD to upload software. Worked for
a few weeks and then - unable to find the AIO 99 All in One Printer to scan and print! Uninstalled and re installed - still mission.

The Dell Printer Folder is there has the AIO 99 Solution menu but not the All in one Printer menu? Contacted DEll and advised I had to pay for the service to fix the software! Can you help me resolve this without additional
costs to fork out after purchasing a new laptop?

Why is the AIO 99 All in One Printer missing?

Collapse -
Dell 922 All-In-One Printer: Scan button/All-In-One-Center
by Funk E. Bluze / January 1, 2009 4:23 AM PST

After having to get a new hard drive and memory sticks, then reinstalling the software and drivers, my printer scan functions/All-In-One Center was missing. The scan button also would not work on the printer. I followed the steps you had listed. Get the patch for the Dell cleanup utility, then installing the drivers from Dell. Worked like a charm. Thanks so much! I use my scan alot to make videos with photos!

Tracy

Collapse -
For photos
by PudgyOne / January 1, 2009 4:33 AM PST

I recommend that you change the scan setting on the printer to 600 dpi, if it has this settings. I have a 964 printer and it has a setting to change the scan settings.

Glad you get things working and thanks for posting this. Wink

Rick

Collapse -
Changing the scan settings
by Funk E. Bluze / January 1, 2009 4:58 AM PST
In reply to: For photos

Yes, I did this. It also made my videos higher quality also! Thanks and Happy New Year! I'll be back with other questions and maybe some answers, even!!

Tracy

Collapse -
Dell 922 printer
by outdoor_art / April 15, 2009 3:34 AM PDT

love the posts regarding getting the scanner to work again (I now have vista) - but I can't get this to work....I can't find how to uninstall so I can't reinstall - even going to programs and features - uninstall is not an option, etc...help! I did click on the download from the link given that helped so many poeple but it didn't do anything...just showed up in a window but I didn't see what to do next....I didn't know I was THAT computer illiterate...I must be missing something simple (I hope)...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.